Raytheon Missile Systems is the world’s largest producer of advanced missile systems supporting our US warfighters and international allies. Every missile system produced by Raytheon contains a set of purpose designed electrical subsystems. These subsystems enable the guidance, navigation, signal processing, target detection and tracking functions of the missile. The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) is responsible for all aspects of these subsystems including design, test and production.
The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) Subsystems Center (SSC) is looking for Production Support Engineers responsible for Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs) and other electrical subsystems hardware. We are seeking candidates with the skills and passion to engineer complex systems, subsystems, circuit card assemblies and components.
A successful candidate is one who can participate in a multi-disciplined team and properly apply engineering tools and processes. A candidate willing to collaborate and coordinate with Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, and other Engineering disciplines to resolve issues that may arise during production, testing, and integration. Qualified candidates must have experience with digital, analog and/or RF testing and experience debugging complex circuit card assemblies or electro-mechanical systems. Knowledge of RF / microwave devices preferred.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Location: Tucson, AZ. Some travel to suppliers may be required. Note: This position is a Principal Electrical EngineerRequired Skills:
- Troubleshooting hardware and process issues down to CCA and component levels
- Resolution of issues on production lines and in testing (including suppliers)
- Failure analysis / root cause determination and corrective action implementation
- Performing analog and digital circuit analysis and characterizing and modeling electrical signals of electronics subsystems in simulation
- Identifying and instantiating circuit card and subassembly design updates
- Minimum 8 years of experience supporting Production and/or Test of electrical sub-systems in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of RF, analog, digital, and/or mixed signal circuit design and analysis
- Experience in Root-Cause Corrective Action investigations
- Knowledge and experience with Material Review Board, Process Configuration Board, Configuration Control Board and Failure Review Board processes, proposing/defending and implementing Change Notices
- Experience managing sub-tier suppliers and resolving supplier production issues
- Experience leading small technical teams with responsibilities including cost, schedule and technical performance
Required Education (including Major)
- Experience performing electrical engineering design of CCA, EO or RF Seeker/Sensor, or electronic subsystem including; circuit design, CCA assembly, electrical test and production support
- Knowledge of printed circuit board fabrication and circuit card assembly processes and related industry specifications
- Experience in applying Statistical Process Control (SPC) methods in achieving production yield improvements
- Experience with any of the following tools: Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, PSPICE, System Vision, MATLAB, MathCad, IDL, Computer Simulation Technologies (CST), Microwave Design Studio, High Frequency Structure Simulator(HFSS) and Advanced Design System (ADS).
- Familiarity with missile communication transceivers and data links, inertial measurement units(IMU) and Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver subsystems
- Experience with subsystems integration and test
- Experience with test equipment, test automation scripting, test conduction, sensor control
- Technical writing and formal presentation experience
:BS or MS Electrical Engineering, Optics, Physics, Systems Engineering or related STEM degreeThis position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.