Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking a Chief Technology Officer (aka Chief Engineer) for the DHS Data Center Evolution program. The DCE CTO will provide technical leadership and direction to DHS and DHS components in the areas of data center infrastructure management, data center operation optimization, cloud readiness for enterprise applications, cloud migration, and cloud service management. Bring to market emerging cloud and DevOps technologies that fit the DHS mission that apply to DHS’s private cloud and mission-specific data center offerings while enhancing the Data Center’s security posture. Leverage past technical roles on other programs to spearhead innovation to drive data center engineering and operational costs down. Demonstrate technical leadership responsibility, with systems engineering and integration case studies from other large IT contracts. Serve as chief SME data center infrastructure management (DCIM), data center operations and maintenance (O&M), cloud migration services, cloud solution management, cyber security, or DevOps to the DHS OCIO, DHS component customers, and other program staff.
The CTO will assist the PM and DPM on enabling/enhancing the service catalog for the data center and cloud portfolio, and ensure service continuity and exceptional service delivery.
The CTO will support the PM and DPM on maintaining secure and robust data center services, and lead the efforts to plan for cloud migration and deployment of DHS mission and enterprise applications from a private cloud (physical data center) to a commercial cloud provider. This role extends from proposal thru contract award into program execution. He / She will interface with and make presentations to DHS officials, Raytheon management, internal and external stakeholders, and the media. The CTO is the key innovator to the program PM with DHS executives.
* 15 years of hands-on technical experience in DHS, component, or national security infrastructure, data center, or cloud programs
* Demonstrated managed services knowledge of data center operations optimization, Application DevOps methodologies, cloud strategy implementation, or cyber security from commercial experience
* ITIL and/or IT Service Management (ITSM) certification
* CISSP or equivalent certification
* Ability and willingness to travel frequently or be based near Stennis Space Center, Mississippi
* Public-speaking experience doing speeches and interviews with trade associations and national media.
* Service Catalog Development
* Lean or Six Sigma Certification
* VMWare Certification
* SANS Certification
* PMP certification
* Ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with HW, SW, telecom, and cloud vendors
* Capable of tackling complex technical problems.
* Strong analytical abilities: ability to plan, control and direct staff resources related to planning and scheduling meeting SLA attainment
* Experience in preparing and delivering technical briefings for customers and management
* Technical Blog Authoring, Social Media Outreach
* Published Author in Peer-Reviewed Journals
* Orals Presentations
* Bachelor's Degree or 8 years of experience in addition to the required years of experience for the position
* A Master's Degree or 12 years of experience in addition to the required years of experience for the position preferred
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS Suitability top level SCI security clearance.
* This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Position is contingent upon contract award.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.