General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
The 14th Air Force (14 AF) Forces (AFFOR) Communications Control Center (ACCC) provides the Headquarters, Air Force Space Command (AFPC) and 14 AF Commanders and the 624th Operations Center (624 OC) with situational awareness of AFSPC-unique functional system availability and compliance with network taskings. The 14 AF ACCC operates as part of the AFFOR for Command and Control (C2) of cyberspace forces supporting Space missions to ensure effective mission assurance. ACCC manages the trouble ticket process and prioritization on behalf of the space wings, oversees cyberspace orders compliance and informs and enables the C2 of Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO).
This position supports the IT/Cyberspace Service Desk, which is the single service entry point for all customers supported by the 14 AF ACCC. The 14 AF ACCC Service Desk is a component of the 14 AF, which provides direct
operational communications support to 14 AF Space Wings, System Program Offices (SPO), Los Angeles AFB, and the United States Air Force Academy and cyberspace integration, resolution, prioritization and situational awareness to AFSPC/CC, 14 AF/CC and other leadership as required. The Service Desk provides 24/7/365 capability.
• Perform all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction
• Execution of opening, assigning, tracking and prioritizing incidents and coordination with the Communications Focal Point (CFP), the 624th Operations Center and the I-NOSCs to ensure incident and problem resolution
• Open, assign, track, and prioritize incident ticket numbers for discrepancy status, resolution, and reporting
• Ensure distribution, receipt and compliance with USSTRATCOM and USCYBERCOM orders and direction to space mission system networks and assess operational risks and vulnerabilities
• Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products, services and statuses of incident tickets
• Receive, monitor, review and coordinate all initial cyberspace event or incident notifications that come to the 14 AF ACCC such as but not limited to Commander’s Critical Information Requirements (CCIRs)
• Receive, coordinate and or provide situational reports (SITREPS) to their CCDR, MAJCOM, 14 AF and 624 OC leadership related to outage and other network events impacting the AFIN and/or the AFSPC mission
• Identify and document unauthorized activity and/or attacks and notify MAJCOM/CC and 14 AF/CC as required and according to established procedures
• Maintain situational awareness and have an understanding of all networks, core services, and mission systems at 14 AF Space Wings, SPO, Los Angeles AFB, and the United States Air Force Academy and will report wing and/or installation compliance with cyberspace orders and directives from higher headquarters agencies, AFSPC, 24 AF and 14 AF
• Provide updates on AFSPC unique network health/status and operational impact to the 624 OC
• Advise AFSPC and/or 14 AF/CC, SPO, I-NOSCs, and 624 OC, on operational impacts of cyberspace orders to component missions
• Stay current with applicable processes, guidance, and cyberspace changes and updates
• Correlate threat and vulnerability data to provide analysis and recommendations of actions to mitigate/remediate issues on affected systems
• 5-8 years of related experience in data security administration or cybersecurity
• DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
• IAT Level II certification
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.