General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
full-time employee contract
The Instructor will plan, coordinate, and conduct training and related instructional programs for personnel at children's residential shelters, including: social workers, medical staff, child care workers, mental health clinicians and facility support staff. Topics are primarily in child welfare and human services delivery but also include training on federal policies and procedures and tracking systems.
***Candidates should live within commuting distance of the shelter location or be willing to be deployed to the shelter. These are part-time on call assignments that may last 2 - 4 months but can be extended. Notification of assignment will be 2-4 weeks prior to the start date. During peak efforts evenings, weekends and/or some holidays may be required.***
1. Conducts onsite training sessions and assist in evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
2. Coordinates logistics for instruction events; including scheduling classes; reserving classrooms and preparing workstations.
3. Maintains training plans and records of training activities; participant progress and program effectiveness.
4. May assist in the development; establishment and updating of course content and objectives.
5. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
6. Provides technical assistance in identified special topic areas.
7. Attends necessary orientations/trainings prior to deployment.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
9. Remains onsite during training deployment periods.
1-3 years of directly related experience in course instruction.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE:
**All candidates must successfully pass full background checks; which may include CA/N and FBI fingerprint checks.**
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Bachelor's Degree; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work/military experience.