Raytheon’s Applied Signal Technology Division is seeking engineers who strive for excellence and have a passion to be part of a team that strengthens our nation and improves the security of our world.
With locations in Sunnyvale and Anaheim Hills, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, McLean, VA, and Annapolis Junction, MD, Raytheon AST provides trusted strategic and tactical SIGINT solutions that protect the interests of the U.S. and its partners. AST’s work in areas such as high-capacity broadband communications, signal processing and analysis, tactical SIGINT, and wireless communications continually challenges our extraordinary engineers to solve problems and make the world a safer place. AST’s work environment is dynamic, highly collaborative and provides engineers the freedom to strengthen and expand their skills, explore new and innovative ideas, and work directly with our nation’s finest service members all while embracing integrity, diversity and work-life balance. Raytheon offers generous reward and recognition programs in compensation, broad career development opportunities, excellent health care options, educational assistance, parental leave, flexible work schedules, 401(k) with matching, paid holidays and paid time off.
Whether you wish to live near and experience the California coast, the Maryland shores, our Nation’s capital, or Utah’s lakes and mountains, Raytheon AST encourages you to consider exploring the unique and rewarding opportunities our cutting-edge-technology team can offer.
** This particular position will be staffed in the Sunnyvale, CA **
Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (RAST) seeks a Senior Systems Engineer who will be responsible for development, integration, test and deployment of systems for a variety of government missions. This Senior Systems Engineer will collaborate with customers, RAST senior leadership, other systems engineers and software/hardware/FPGA engineers to develop new systems and Concepts of Operations as well as troubleshoot, enhance and maintain existing systems. In addition, this engineer will lead and perform the installation and field test of new technology systems in customer facilities to ensure customer mission success.The Senior Systems Engineer will work as a lead and/or individual contributor to:
- Rapidly come up to speed on existing products, systems and capabilities
- Understand customer objectives and requirements, and conceptualize and put into practice new solutions
- Define, analyze and document CONOPS, system requirements and specifications, and system architecture
- Define, execute, and document technical trade, impact, and risk analyses
- Generate concrete plans for loosely defined and/or highly complex challenges to enable engineering teams to execute and deliver solutions accordingly
- Create the appropriate systems documentation (e.g. RVTM, I&T plans, acceptance test plans/procedures, test reports) required to develop, integrate, test, and deliver to meet customer objectives
- Develop and integrate software, hardware, FPGA components, and platforms to form new solutions
- Maintain customer focus throughout the systems/product development lifecycle to ensure satisfaction of customer objectives within cost and schedule constraints
- Mentor less experienced and/or less knowledgeable engineers
- 6+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer
- Experience defining clear and concise system CONOPS
- Experience defining system and sub-system requirements and specifications from top level customer requirements
- Experience with the decomposition and flow down of system requirements to sub-system and/or component level
- Experience with defining test plans, test cases, and test procedures
- Experience as an individual contributor and/or technical lead in broadband communication systems such as telecommunications, optical transport systems, network operations, transport structures, and routing & switching technologies
- Experience as an individual contributor and/or technical lead in Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies such as DWDM, SONET/SDH, OTN, and Carrier Ethernet
- Proven track record of advocating and maintaining high engineering standards and quality throughout the life of a project
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Able and willing to travel to various RAST locations and customer facilities (up to 10% of time)
- U.S. Citizenship Status is Required as this position will require the ability to Access US Only Data Systems.
- U.S. Citizenship Status is Required as this position needs an Active TS/SCI in the last 2 years; SSBI in the last 5 years
U.S. Security Clearance as of Day One of Employment.
- Experience executing trade studies to select among multiple potential solutions
- Experience generating and managing interface control definition (ICD) documents
- Experience in the development of large-scale distributed processing architectures
- Experience integrating large-scale optical networking systems, including signaling, network protocols, communications interfaces, and network devices
- Experience with development of low size, weight, and power (SWaP) systems
- Experience leading cross-discipline (e.g., systems, software, hardware and FPGA) engineering teams to develop, integrate and deploy advanced products and systems for U.S. Government customers
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or other STEM (MS degree desired)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.