The Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) is an engineering organization that focuses on product producibility and mission assurance. It is a vital link in the integrated product development process that allows Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems to introduce reliable new products faster, better, and more economically.
The Microwave Group is located in Marlborough, MA and is part of the ICS Protected Communications Systems Department. This Section designs RF and Microwave electronic hardware such as frequency references, fixed and agile frequency synthesizers, upcoverters/exciters, downconverters/receivers, low noise amplifiers, and solid state power amplifiers for satellite communication and RADAR systems. Efforts include developing circuits using microstrip/stripline and performing circuit simulations and validation of design models using the Agilent Advance Design System (ADS) and Computer Simulation Technology (CST) at frequencies up to 50 GHz. Our designs satisfy rigorous requirements of Navy, Army, and Air Force programs. The Section also performs trade studies and product selection for commercially available components. All designs incorporate Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) techniques including a high level of simulation and prototyping necessary to validate the simulations and to develop statistical margins.
The chosen candidate will learn frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques. Candidates will be expected to provide recommendations to a variety of technical problems of appropriate scope and complexity, working under general supervision. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
• Must have completed the following undergraduate or graduate level courses: Probability & Stochastic Processes, Electromagnetic Theory
• Must have hands on lab experience using RF/Microwave test equipment such as a Network Analyzer, Oscilloscope, Signal Generator, Spectrum Analyzer
• Must be familiar with one or more of the following CAD tools: Ansoft Designer, Ansys HFSS, AWR Microwave Office, Cadence SpectreRF, CST Studio Suite, Keysight ADS, Mentor SystemVision, or Spectrum Micro-Cap.
• Must be familiar with the following RF/Microwave terminology: dB, dBc, dBi, dBm, Bandwidth, EIRP, G/T, Gain, Gain Compression, Gain Flatness, Intermodulation Products, Isolation, Noise Figure, Phase & Amplitude Settling, Phase Noise, Return Loss, Spurious, Third Order Intercept, and VSWR
• Must be familiar with the following RF/Microwave building blocks: Amplifier, Analog-To-Digital Converter (A/D), Attenuator, Digital-To-Analog Converter (D/A), Direct Digital Synthesizer (DDS), Directional Coupler, Frequency Mixer, Lowpass/Bandpass/Highpass Filter, Oscillator, Power Divider, RF Switch, Voltage Controlled Oscillator (VCO), Voltage Reference, Voltage Variable Attenuator
• Fluent with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
* Must be a US Citizen
* minimum of six years of professional experience
• Must be self-motivated, proactive and able to multi-task.
• Must demonstrate ability to deliver quality & timely results
• Demonstrated leadership experience through school or extracurricular projects is a plus
Bachelors of Science (BS) or Bachelors of Engineering (BE) degree with an emphasis on RF & Microwave design from an accredited university
Masters of Science (MS) or Masters of Engineering (ME) degree with an emphasis on RF & Microwave design from an accredited university
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance within first year. 143181
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.