The Manager, Contracts and Supply Chain is responsible for providing all aspects of C&SC leadership to the IIS Advanced Concepts & Technology (ACT) and Strategic Alliance Program areas within the Cyber Security and Special Missions (CSM) Mission Area. This position will also provide Contracts and Supply Chain Operations support to the CSM Mission Area Contracts and Supply Chain Director.
IIS is increasingly incorporating commercial technologies into integrated solutions through a range of partnerships. ACT and the CSM Alliance Program are enabling our business to grow and provide more affordable solutions for our customers.
ACT maintains deep ties to government Science & Technology (S&T) contract agencies, commercial companies, suppliers and universities. ACT’s work leads to a robust pipeline of technology discriminators. Within IIS, ACT partners with integrated business teams and commercial companies to enable the successful transition of new or enhanced technologies.
The CSM Alliance Program creates relationships in the market place with commercial companies to bring the latest technology to our integrated solutions and adds new sales channels for the CSM catalogue offerings.
This position will be located in Dulles, VA and reports to the CSM Director of Contracts and Supply Chain.
This position is accountable for the contracting relationships with intelligence agencies, DOD, and numerous additional U.S. Government, and commercial customers and partners.
This position will be responsible for the following:
• Identify, establish and grow partnerships, technical initiatives and integrations in keys areas in order to support company growth initiatives.
• Leading the creation, approval, maintenance, and execution of contracts and supply chain capture/execution strategies and plans for ACT
• Create financial models and ROI analysis for Strategic Alliances and investments.
• Collaborate with internal teams to uncover opportunities for alignment with strategic partners that can help differentiate, enhance or improve IIS’s offerings
• Develop strong relationships with key customer/partner decision-makers or influencers who can drive growth of partnership opportunities
• Provide strategic thought leadership to develop innovative contracts and supply chain solutions which will result in achieving program and business objectives.
• Supporting gate reviews, program management reviews, business strategy sessions, proposal reviews, risk management activities, and all other contracts and supply chain related matters affecting ACT
• Take ownership of tough issues and use knowledge of situational dynamics to establish personal engagement strategy.
• Shape opinions of key stakeholders and negotiate to create the best outcome possible.
• Examine and understand pricing, cost structure estimates of material, equipment services, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness of bids and negotiations.
• Prepare bids, process specifications, progress, and other reports; advise management of contractual rights and obligations; mitigate contractual and program risks; compile and analyze data; maintain historical information.
• 10+ years of experience in contracts management, in managing and leading supply chain activities for government programs, or equivalent experience. Three years of experience working in a supervisory capacity
• Strong project management skills and ability to convert mission area customer requirements into executable strategies.
• Ability to manage a diverse collection of programs and agreements requiring contracts and supply chain management
• Demonstrated ability to understand financial information, budgets, and program performance and develop strategies to improve performance in these areas
• Demonstrated capabilities to establish and maintain relationships with various customers and partners, e.g. acquisition officials/leads in the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and other government agencies, as well as commercial partners.
• Expert knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and DoD Supplement (DFARS), and other agency-specific supplements.
• Experience in commercial sales, to include contract formation with a broad understanding of alternative terms and conditions and related Raytheon policies.
• Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain processes and related systems, proposal support, subcontract management, logistics and asset management.
• Experience with shaping, proposing and winning competitive acquisitions.
• Significant experience in competitive and sole source acquisitions.
• Excellent risk management methodologies and problem resolution techniques.
• Strong critical thinking skills, ability to exercise independent judgment and manage complexity and ambiguity.
• Ability to think and act strategically, provide direction, and guide strong processes to enhance business growth.
• Demonstrated success working in a matrixed organization.
• Possess professional written and verbal communication skills and highly effective interpersonal skills.
• Current and active Secret Clearance with a willingness and ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
• Ability to influence cross-functionally to achieve results.
Required Education (including Major):
• Bachelor’s degree in Contracts Management, Supply Chain Management, Business Management, or other related field or equivalent combination of education and experience (Bachelor’s degree = 8 additional years applicable experience).
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.