Project: OM&T 19-22
Job Title: Deputy Human Resources Manager
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
KBR has been awarded a support contract by the UK Ministry of Defence (UK MOD). Under the terms of the contract, which will run until 2022 (with options out until 2025), KBR will provide communications network support and deliver training services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a significant long-term project and expands our portfolio of work with the UK MOD in the Middle East.
Under the contract, KBR is seeking to recruit staff to deliver:
- Support in delivering IP Telephony at multiple sites, host applications such as Network Management System, Cable Management System and incident management software.
- Operation of Service Desks in a number of regions.
- Support to maintain operational capability of Fixed & Deployable equipment/capabilities.
- Design & deliver a new Management Information System
- Technical & English Language Training in a number of regional locations.
- Built Estate maintenance and upkeep.
The Deputy HR Manager (DHRM) will assist the HR Manager (HRM) to lead and manage a team of four other HR professionals. The DHRM will provide professional HR advice, guidance and assistance to the senior team on all aspects of HR management in areas such as performance and disciplinary activities for a workforce of up to ~ 220 employees. Responsible for project recruitment, induction of new project hires, employee relations, employment law, HR training and development and HR related administration. Also responsible for ensuring compliance with KBR HR policies and processes.
- Assist the HR Manager in the day to day running of the HR department, dividing loading and increasing the management capacity of the team.
- Deputise for the HR Manager as required.
- Oversee and assist with the day to day activity of the HR sub teams (payroll etc.), resolving routine issues within the team.
- Suggest solutions and make recommendations for senior management when issues need to be escalated.
- Ensure that all HR activity is conducted within the bounds of KSA Labour Law and KBR HR processes.
The role will interface with:
- The HR Manager
- Head of Business Services and senior management team.
- The KBR workforce
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Degree qualified in an appropriate HR or resource management discipline.
- A formal qualification in Human Resources Management would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 8 years relevant HR experience, including 3 years in a senior HR position.
- Have or be able to obtain necessary security clearance.
Experience and Skills:
- Proven experience of operating in KSA in a large commercial business with structured HR processes and policies.
- Strong IT skills with demonstrable understanding of payroll systems, spreadsheet management and electronic data manipulation.
- Good working knowledge of the labour laws of KSA, in particular how they apply to GOSI, Ministry of Labour, Min of Foreign Affairs and the employment of ex-patriot employees.
- Demonstrates strong self-motivation and problem solving skills, with a focus on delivery.
- Demonstrates a robust approach, flexibility and adaptability in dynamic work environments.This is particularly important during the mobilisation phase of the project.
- Experience of managing and developing subordinate staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to pay attention to detail and ensure subordinate staff do too.
- Demonstrates a forward looking attitude to HR administration and is committed to optimising HR support through the efficient use of electronic business processes.
- Registration with an appropriate professional body.
- Previously supported a professional services business.
- Knowledge of the Telecommunications or Facilities Management industry.
- Experience of working in a secure environment.
- Experience of working in a SharePoint solution environment.
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: Saudi Arabia
Req ID: 1083715