Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech's Air Force and Space Division is recruiting highly talented candidates to support a contract that provides cradle to grave support to the United States Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Launch Systems Enterprise Directorates National Security Space Launch (NSSL) (formerly EvolvedExpendable Launch Vehicle (EELV)) program.
We assist the Air Force by supporting a multitude of areas, including Systems Engineering & Integration, Acquisition & Program Management Support, Mission Integration Management, System Safety & Environmental Engineering, Systems Security & Information Assurance, Launch Schedule and Risk Management, Certification of New Entrant Launch Vehicles.
ManTech is actively seeking a motivated, customer-oriented Senior Launch Mission Integrator to join our team in the El Segundo, CA area.
- The Senior Launch Mission Integrator will manage mission assurance process and procedural training, including launch flow activities, maintenance oversight standards and practice, and other launch operations
- Provide technical assessments for launch campaign planning meetings, mission working groups, readiness reviews
- Provide summary launch vehicle processing schedules and status products, monitor and assess the launch service providers processing and problem resolution activities, and provide status and recommendations to Air Force Leadership
- Evaluate payload integration requirements, assess the abilities of the Launch Support Contractor and Range to meet payload requirements, and identify risks/issues to the Air Force Launch Mission Manager
- Develop day of launch and mission rehearsal scripts, timelines, technical reference products, etc., and support the USG launch team during performance and evaluation of on-console EELV launch processing and launch operations, mission rehearsals and shadow operations
- Maintain the archive of launch campaign products and provide technical training to USG mission team members on the mission management process
- Candidate must possess extensive knowledge of launch and range systems training, safety and environmental factors, launch systems maintenance processes and policies, quality control, launch and range operations, space and launch vehicle resource, program management and successful mission assurance practice and policy
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Engineering, Space Systems, Science or Management is required, and preferably, a Master of Science (MS) Degree. An additional two years of related experience for the specific skill can be substituted for the MS
- Minimum 6 years of related experience in launch integration with emphasis in spacecraft or launch vehicle processing
- Secret clearance or ability to obtain and maintain secret clearance
- Initiative, sound judgment, effective decision-making, successful collaboration with multiple agencies and personnel, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft tools including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Information Technology (IT) systems and SharePoint-type databases
- Demonstrated ability to resolve quality issues effectively
- Travel 50%
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong background in launch vehicle concepts is highly desired
- Experience with senior level Air Force leadership in a Program Office environment
- Experience working with the Space and Missile Center (SMC)
- Master's degree in Systems Engineering or related field
- Work as an integral team member of the SE&I team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and commercial business applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Equivalent ExperienceEducation,Bachelors Degree
Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure,Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.