Job Description: This is a multi-level position Information System Technologist l (G06) or Information Systems Technologist II (G07) based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and requirements for this position.
This position will report into the Information Technology Systems Engineering Solutions department, which is responsible for providing IT solutions to all Systems Engineering related disciplines within RMS. The Information Technologist II will have primary duties in the support of various Systems Engineering applications, which includes installation support, licensing administration, software maintenance, automation scripting, general application troubleshooting, and documentation. This individual will work across IT and Engineering functions to ensure the applications meet IT security and infrastructure standards, and that the delivered software meets the requirements of the Engineering community. The selected individual should be a self-starter with the ability to identify, plan and implement application automation, and support requirements to continuously simplify and improve the supported Engineering software.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Minimum Required Skills:
- Partner with Engineering to provide the delivery and technical support of Systems Engineering based software applications with disciplines in system architecture, design, analysis, requirements management, mathematical and technical computing.
- Assist with application deployment, problem resolution, integration, customization, and training
- Develop and deploy automation and technical solutions with a focus on the installation and configuration of engineering application software
- Collaborate with counterparts at other Raytheon businesses to help develop new enterprise solutions, and leverage the value of existing shared solutions
- Provide technical guidance to management on engineering automation solutions and application selection
- Support enterprise and business initiatives that may include tool trade studies, tool and integration evaluation environment deployment, support and training
Highly Desired Skills:
- Bachelors degree in IT or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in testing, troubleshooting, deployment and support of software applications in an enterprise environment
- Passion and tenacity for solving challenging technical problems, and a desire to help others
- Possess the necessary interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization, within a team environment and individually
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to articulate complex technical concepts in terms that can be understood by multiple audiences
- Linux and/or Windows system administration proficiency with the following Operating Systems: RHEL 6/7, Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2012/2016
- Candidate must be able to obtain a security clearance
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Experience implementing new tools and processes in a business environment
- Working knowledge of Test Engineering software such as National Instruments Teststand & Labview, ATEeasy, and MATLAB
- Automation or DevOps experience using one or more of the following technologies: Batch, AutoIt, Bash, PERL, Python, Java, Docker, Rundeck, Chef, etc
- Experience working with virtualization technology such as VMWare, Hyper-V, or VirtualBox
- Computer networking proficiency
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.