Raytheon BBN Technologies (BBN) is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our dynamic team of engineers and scientists produces leading-edge solutions for a range of government customers in a technically challenging environment and values both individual initiative and collaboration. We are seeking expertise in control theory with experience modeling physical systems to join our Physical Sciences & Systems business unit located just outside Newport, Rhode Island. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, algorithm development, modeling and simulation, performance testing, documentation, and embedded and real-time implementation and optimization. The ideal candidate is comfortable learning new technologies and thrives working in a multi-disciplinary capacity.
BBN offers an exciting, fast paced, collaborative environment with the opportunity to contribute to cutting edge research. Career growth is encouraged through participation in leading research conferences, on-site training, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement. BBN offers benefits including a 401K matching plan, retirement contributions, competitive pay, and performance based bonuses.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Working knowledge of MATLAB and/or Simulink for the purposes of algorithm development
• Filtering, signal processing for the purposes of control and simulation of physical systems
• Experience with multi-channel feedback loops
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Prior work analyzing system performance, and algorithm optimization
• Prior experience analyzing real world test data and updating algorithm designs based on that data
• A willingness to apply and be granted a US Government security clearance. US citizenship required.
The ideal candidate may also possess some or all of the following:
• Existing US DoD Secret clearance or higher
• BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering science major and 6 years of experience; MS and 4 years or PhD and 2 years.
• Software engineering proficiency in C/C++ within a Linux environment
• Real-time software development experience on embedded systems
• Prior experience working within a formal software development process.
• Prior experience presenting technical results to customers
• Prior experience writing white papers and proposals to government customers
Required Education & Experience:
• Advanced degree in relevant discipline with 6 years of experience
• Those with additional years of experience and/or graduate educations are encouraged to apply
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.