Principle Systems Engineer
Colorado Springs, CO
The Principle Systems Engineer will be expected to collaborate and help establish best practices for Network Automation discipline into all aspects of the program.
- Creating and updating an automated pipeline for network development, testing and deployment to the operational system
- Development of continuous integration, test and delivery pipelines for all network configurations
- Coordinate with other program areas to establish Network Automation process (e.g., C2BMC Test Bed, Level-II Network Support, etc.)
- Experience with Orchestration Frameworks to develop automated scripts: Ansible, VMware vSphere, IBM Tivoli, REST API, and XML/NetConf
- Experience gathering and developing technical specification and architecture diagrams and applying automation methodologies
- DevSecOps related background to incorporate security into every step of the development process
- Experience planning and supporting the automated deployment of network infrastructure
- Prior C2BMC network experience is a plus
- Development experience with management and monitoring tools such as Micro Focus Operations Bridge (OpsBridge) or similar (HP OpenView)
- Experience developing Infrastructure Solutions in a Clustered Virtual environment using VMware and NetApp products
- Must be an effective communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio drawing tools
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment with other highly motivated network engineers as well as independently at times on large field projects
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Minimum 8 years prior experience in technical IT roles.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum/Kanban environment a plus to help guide the Network Agile transition through automated integration, testing and deployment
Bachelor of Science in the Engineering field or significant equivalent experience (i.e. EE, CIS, CPE, MIS, IT). Must possess a DOD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, and SCNA).
Current Active Secret Clearance
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.