Raytheon’s Applied Signal Technology Division is seeking engineers who strive for excellence and have a passion to be part of a team that strengthens our nation and improves the security of our world.
With locations in Sunnyvale and Anaheim Hills, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, McLean, VA, and Annapolis Junction, MD, Raytheon AST provides trusted strategic and tactical SIGINT solutions that protect the interests of the U.S. and its partners. AST’s work in areas such as high-capacity broadband communications, signal processing and analysis, tactical SIGINT, and wireless communications continually challenges our extraordinary engineers to solve problems and make the world a safer place.
AST’s work environment is dynamic, highly collaborative and provides engineers the freedom to strengthen and expand their skills, explore new and innovative ideas, and work directly with our nation’s finest service members all while embracing integrity, diversity and work-life balance. Raytheon offers generous reward and recognition programs in compensation, broad career development opportunities, excellent health care options, educational assistance, parental leave, flexible work schedules, 401(k) with matching, paid holidays and paid time off.
Whether you wish to live near and experience the California coast, the Maryland shores, our Nation’s capital, or Utah’s lakes and mountains, Raytheon AST encourages you to consider exploring the unique and rewarding opportunities our cutting-edge-technology team can offer.
** This Particular Position will be Staffed in the Sunnyvale, CA location. **
Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (RAST) seeks a Senior Systems Integration and Test (I&T) Engineer who will be responsible for the integration, test, and deployment of new systems on various government platforms in the areas of broadband communications, optical networks, and distributed systems. The Senior Systems I&T Engineer will collaborate closely with a Systems Engineering Team Lead and other systems/software/hardware engineers to develop CONOPS, requirements and
architectures and integrate, test, verify, install, configure and field new technology systems to ensure customer mission success.The successful Senior Systems I&T Engineer will be able to:
Understand customer objectives, CONOPS and requirements, and generate an executable systems integration and test plan
Plan, oversee, and execute systems I&T, deployment and field tests on various government platforms
Create the appropriate systems I&T documentation (e.g. RVTM, I&T plans, Acceptance Test Plans/Procedures, test reports) required to develop, integrate, test and deliver to meet customer objectivesContribute hands-on to:
- Perform integration and execute tests for newly developed systems
- Develop, sustain, and manage configurations of infrastructure (e.g. servers, software applications and tools) for continuous integration, automated build, and test execution
- Design and implement automated tests for build, regression, integration, stress, load, and/or performance testing
- Install, configure, and maintain software and systems in engineering development lab environments and in support of customer/field deployments
- Configure and operate equipment to generate test signals
- Develop troubleshooting tools for integration, test, and deployment efforts
- Research and analyze network protocols and apply this knowledge in integration and testing
- Troubleshoot and debug defects discovered during integration and test phases, and in the field tests
- Install, configure, and operate newly developed systems/products, and associated test equipment
- Maintain customer focus throughout the systems/product development lifecycle to ensure satisfaction of customer objectives within cost and schedule constraints
- Mentor less experienced and/or less knowledgeable engineers
- 6+ years of experience as a Systems I&T Engineer
- Experience as a team lead or individual contributor across all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle
- Experience writing systems I&T documentation (e.g. RVTM, I&T plans, Acceptance Test Plans/Procedures, test reports) required to develop, integrate, test and deliver to meet customer objectives
- Experience with broadband communication systems such as telecommunications, optical transport systems, network operations, transport structures, and/or routing & switching technologies
- Experience in at least 2 of these areas:
- Test automation design and development
- Network and Linux system administration
- Low level-to-high level integration for software intensive systems/products
- Execution of test procedures and generation of test results and reports
- Continuous integration and build tools (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Automated test frameworks (e.g., Pytest, Robot Framework)
- Configuration Management tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot issues during integration, test, and verification phases
- Proven track record of advocating and maintaining high engineering standards and quality throughout the life of a project
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Able and willing to travel to various RAST locations and customer facilities (up to 10% of time)
- U.S. Citizenship Status is Required as this position will require the ability to Access US Only Data Systems.
- U.S. Citizenship Status is Required as this position needs an TS/SCI U.S. Security Clearance active in the last 2 years; SSBI in the last 5 years as of Day One of Employment.
- Demonstrated ability to work at the conceptual level and work with program leads and internal teams to ensure successful system development, integration and deployment
- Experience working with cross-discipline (e.g. systems, software, hardware and FPGA) engineering teams to develop, integrate, test, and deploy advanced products and systems for U.S. Government customers
- Experience with Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies such as DWDM, SONET/SDH, OTN, and Carrier Ethernet
- Experience in the development, integration, test, and deployment of distributed system architectures
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware ESXi, KVM, VirtualBox)
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities
- BS Degree in STEM field
- MS Degree desired
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.