Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Senior Systems Administrator to join our team in Hanover, MD.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain data files and control procedures for a complex system of networked computers or for a single group of microcomputers linked to a host workstation, or mainframe.
- Responsible for system security and data integrity.
- Assigns passwords and monitors use of resources, backs up files as required and responds to management requests for information.
- Provides technical guidance to lesser-experienced systems administrators.
- Perform system administration functions for a large scale test system.
- Must Be a self-starter with a background in Unix/Linux and Windows systems administration and configuration, VMWare and Dell networking. This position will support the system and integrate new deployments, technologies and equipment.
- Build, configure and maintain physical and virtual servers for a large scale testing platform
- Collaborate with team members in Maryland on a regular basis to maintain consistency in design and implementation
- Collaborate with team members of the lab supporting our system so that the environment is stable and provide notification of any concerns or outages in advance
- Support the networking within the environment Integrate new deployments, technologies and equipment into existing production environment
- Configure and maintain storage (EMC Isilon) and scheduled backups/data redundancy
- Create and modify scripts as needed to automate repetitive tasks
- Provide operational support to development and test community
- Monitor system performance, system/security logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems
- May review work of junior level employees.
- Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5 to 7 years of related experience.
- Minimum of two years' experience in technology/tools specific to the target platforms.
- Building, configuring and managing Windows and Linux/Unix systems
- Background in Windows server administration/configuration and file system support
- Demonstrated experience creating and managing virtual environments (VMware)
- Scripting experience (Bash, Shell, Python, Perl)
- Experience with infrastructure design, including networking protocols and data redundancy
- Experience configuring and maintaining Cisco, iOS, Dell Z9100 and devices
- Customer service experience and orientation, and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel (10% CONUS)
- Experience with VMware NSX-V/NSX-T
- Experience with Dell/EMC equipment
- Experience configuring and maintaining Isilon storage
- Experience with Solaris
- Experience with MacOS
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Minimum active/current Top Secret/SCI
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations
- Working With Data
- Move about freely in a laboratory setting
- Repetitive Motions
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.