Are you a dynamic and experienced software engineer interested in an opportunity to work in the El Segundo, CA area?
Then join our Raytheon team and contribute to programs that save lives and enable the freedoms we enjoy. Every day at Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) our extraordinary engineers are empowered for excellence and inspired to invent in an inclusive environment where work-life balance is an elegant solution, not a slogan.
Our dynamic and diverse engineers develop demanding, trusted, superior solutions to make the world a safer place. We are looking for a proven and progressive leader to join our Software Engineering Center team in El Segundo, California, a suburb of Los Angeles.
SAS is a leading provider of integrated sensor, communication and electronic warfare systems giving military forces accurate and timely actionable information for the network-centric battlefield. You will continue your career working on cutting-edge technology for SAS by day, while in your free time you can explore the many cultural, entertainment and outdoor wonders that make Southern California so unique.
Raytheon offers robust reward and recognition programs in compensation, career development, health care, educational assistance, maternal and paternal leave, flexible work schedules, child/adult backup care, 401(k), paid holidays and paid time off. In addition, this position is eligible for relocation assistance.
You will work with Raytheon professionals around the country who thrive in a culture that celebrates the contributions of its employees. You will continue your career in a challenging and collaborative workplace, joining a team with a tradition of achievement through thought and teamwork.
Within Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems’ (SAS) Software Engineering Center (SWEC), The Space and GPS Navigation Systems Department currently has an opening for a Space Systems - Software Section Manager.
Some of the deliverables include:
**This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.*****U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.***Required Skills:
- Perform functional management tasks as well as be actively engaged in the technical and/or programmatic aspects of SAP programs in the SAS Space Systems business area.
- Be responsible for providing engineering leadership to ensure that cost, schedule and technical performance comply with program needs and the SAS processes. Engineering leadership tasks include but not are not limited to such activities as ensuring adequate resources (personnel and assets) are made available to programs, providing technical guidance, developing career paths, ensuring alignment with engineering processes, leading productivity improvement and developing risk mitigation.
- Also perform other functional duties in support of the normal operations of the Software Engineering Center.
- 10+ years of experience in software development or equivalent experience.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- Experience with C / C++ Programming.
- Experience in providing technical leadership to a small team of engineers and contributing to the technical work products throughout the entire software life cycle.
- Experience in providing cost estimates for proposal activities.
- Experience with compiling and reporting metrics.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain special access to customer programs.
- Secret with in-scope SSBI within 5 years OR Top Secret with in-scope SSBI investigated within 5 years.
- MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- Experience facilitating career development of team members, and conduct meaningful performance development discussions.
- Experience in evaluating performance of section members and ensure completion of required and suggested training.
- Experience being a champion for productivity improvement and risk mitigation efforts.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Model Driven Software Development Experience.
- Agile Development Experience.
- DevOps Experience.
- AWS Experience
- Earned Value proficiency and/or certification.
- Experience with embedded software development.
- Object Oriented Software Development Experience.
- Board support level software experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.