Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The DISA Command Center (DCC) Network Assurance (NA) mission is charged with directing operations and defense of the Global Information Grid (GIG)/DoDIN. DCC NA is chartered to provide 24x7x365 operational Information Assurance (IA) support to the Department of Defense (DOD) community via response and coordination of computer security incidents and near real-time strategic computer network defense (CND) analysis. The DCC correlates and analyzes all-source intelligence, counter-intelligence (CI), network monitor/performance data, Intrusion Detection System (IDS) data, law enforcement, and operations information to provide the DISA Director an integrated picture of daily enterprise services status and emergent computer/network incident details.
DCC Watch Standers and Dynamic Network Defense Operations Duty Officers (DNDO-DO) will cover 24 x 7 shift work for the DCC operations section in support of Network Defense Operations. The Watch Standers and DNDO-DO will perform a variety of command, control, coordination, communication, monitoring and analysis roles including:
• Incident Response and Operations Process
• Incident Logging and Notification
• Unknown Threat / Vulnerability Assessment / Process
• Analyze high bandwidth utilization events as alerted by the network monitoring tool
• Participate and coordinate DCO activities with CC/S/A/FA, intelligence, law enforcement, USG, industry and academy organizations
• As required brief DODIN defense through collaboration meetings with other DoD organizations
• Help develop OPORDS, FRAGORD, WARNORDs, TASKORDS and Ghost Orders in conjunction with the future cell planners
• Receive, release and track execution of OPORDS, FRAGORDs, WARNORDs, TASKORDs, and Ghost Orders related to DCC
• Provide battle update briefings at each shift change (3 per day). Provide situational awareness and operational update briefings to DISA leadership
• Monitor, process and utilize DOD classified and unclassified networks
• Respond to official questions through RFI response tools
• Review open source reporting, blogs and coordination with other cyber elements for early identification of new vulnerability and threat trends. Provide reports on new developments in briefings, presentations and other formats to DISA leadership and subordinate organizations
• Participate in command exercises including real world COOP/COP that may require staff to move to alternate sites. Support also includes providing after action review feedback to DISA
• Produce statistics based status updates outlining Arbor Tool migrations and its effectiveness and brief said updates at recurring intervals
• Participate, advise and contribute to FLM/DDOS and Boundary Tools Working Groups
Clearance: Current TS/SCI eligibility required
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Duty: This is a shift position. Must be willing to work various shifts that may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Education: Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience
- Licenses/Certification: DOD 8570.01M IAT Level II mandatory (Security+ CE - minimum to start); CND Analyst or CND Incident Responder mandatory (Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) will be required within 4 months of start date)
- Desired Experience/Certifications: SMEs in the field of DOD computer network defense w/ an understanding of the lifecycle of the network threats, attack vectors, and network vulnerability exploitation. Global IA Certification (GIAC System’s and Network Auditor (GSNA), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH) or Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH); knowledgeable in SNORT and IDS/IPS
POC: If interested, please apply to this position online/upload your resume and also directly contact our DISA GSM-O Recruiting Lead, Tom Stack, , 410-272-8989 (please send copy of your resume and certifications).
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.