Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Scrum Master, in the Herndon, VA area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The Innovative Security Solutions (ISS) Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth.
An experienced, Certified Scrum Master (CSM) will support a Department of Defense (DoD) contract. The Scrum Master is responsible for acting as the scrum master for 1-3 scrum teams, and supports other Scrum Masters, to ensure team members are not over/under-committed for a Sprint, help resolve impediments, and monitor and report on team progress and guiding the team/organization on how to use the Agile/Scrum practices to exceed client expectations.
This role is an integral part of a small team of professionals who will provide remote and on-site support for the operation of a new infrastructure project that has been heavily tested and is ready for operations. The Scrum Master shall have extensive experience implementing Agile Development Methodologies and is responsible for accomplishing the responsibilities resident in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
A qualified candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities, but are not limited to:
• Demonstrate in-depth understanding of Agile processes, manage and execute backlog refining sessions for sprint teams, and provide recommendations based on metrics evaluated.
• Work with the Product Owners for backlog grooming including prioritization. Ensure prioritization of features/capabilities with the customer to ensure higher priority items are identified and implemented first.
• Serve the Product Owners/Client and Scrum Teams by guiding the team on how to use the agile processes. Develop and maintain relationships with internal/external customers.
• Provide leadership to ensure the scrum team attains the most value from a self-organized team.
• Take responsibility for impediments including resolving impediments, providing guidance for removing impediments, and escalating impediments to ensure quick resolution.
• Facilitation of technical discussions, decision making, impediment resolution and conflict resolution.
• Ensure transparency from Product Owner to scrum team by facilitating internal and external communication.
• Perform continual assessment of the maturity of the scrum team and providing coaching and insight in support of greater maturity.
• Commitment to continuous process improvement including active facilitation of reviews and retrospectives and incorporation of lessons learned for future sprints.
Security Clearance Requirement:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and 10+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Candidate must be a Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
• Candidate must have extensive experience in Agile, specifically Scrum and Kanban.
• Knowledge and experience with the Department of Defense project lifecycle.
• Must possess a working knowledge and/or certification in SAFe methodology.
• At least 5+ years of experience working with product development teams that practice modern and lean product development methods, such user-centered and user experience design, DevOps, public API development, microservices, and acceptance test driven development.
• Passion for managing and exceeding customer expectations.
• Experience working with military personnel.
• PMP certification.
• DevOps experience.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.