Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We understand that in order to hold this distinct honor, we must provide our employees with the opportunity to break through barriers. We reinvest in our employees through rich educational opportunities such as 100% paid tuition for qualifying Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, rich training and certification programs allowing our employees to obtain industry best certifications, a variety of Communities of Practice (COPs) where employees can exchange knowledge and much more, along with a vast array of instruction and resources needed for personal and professional development through our very own ManTech University. In addition to those amazing benefits, ManTech also has a fully dedicated Career Mobility team to provide you with guidance and assistance to continue to grow your career with ManTech.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented System Engineer Level 3 to join our team in the Annapolis Junction, MD area to provide unparalleled support to our customers and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications. Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities. Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies. Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations. Develops technical documentation. Develops system Architecture and system design documentation. Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives. Participate as the primary security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc.
- Contribute to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents.
- Assist with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components.
- Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination.
- Participate in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations.
- Allocate real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components.
- Generate alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions.
- Define the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan.
- Develop system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis.
- Review and provide input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP).
- Participate in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents.
- Participate in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle.
- Derive from the system requirements an understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness.
- Derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable.
- Participate in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers.
- Develop derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Non repudiation, and Availability); Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability); and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords, cryptography, discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.).
- Implement comprehensive SOA solutions.
- Implement operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards.
- Review and/or approve system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete.
- Capture all interface designs in a common interface control format, and store interface data in a commonly accessible repository.
- Assess each risk to the program and determine the probability of occurrence and quantified consequence of failure in accordance with an approved risk management plan.
- In conjunction with system stakeholders, plan the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements.
- Prepare time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functions.
- Twenty (20) years’ experience as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Working with large volumes of multimedia, multilingual content processing systems requiring ingest of multiple formats, audio playback to end users, storage, and retrieval of objects.
- Distributed Peer to Peer content storage and retrieval systems with more than 500 nodes.
- Metadata indexing, metadata summarization, content and metadata data mining, visualization and analytics.
- Experience in developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large scale programs.
- Experience in developing technical documentation for issues and/or training.
- Experience in leading agile and/or spiral development models.
- Experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors.
- Knowledge and experience with developing distributed storage routing and querying algorithms.
- Experience implementing storage area networks, data warehouses and data marts.
- Experience optimizing storage, retrieval, back-up, and retention strategies across globally distributed, high throughput, text and multimedia storage and retrieval systems.
- Experience developing and deploying storage within clustered or cloud environments.
- Experience interacting with users and in cross-Integrated Product Team (IPT) environments.
- Experience planning and integrating secure compliant solutions based on legal, policy, and compliance directives.
- Knowledge and experience with internals of HDFS, HADOOP, and/or HBase/Accumulo BIG TABLE.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI w/ a Counterintelligence Polygraph.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.