What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
The Integrated Warfare & Sensor Systems Software Department contributes to the success of Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) by providing NoDoubt™ software solutions throughout the product lifecycles of some of IDS’ most important Naval Warfare weapons and sensor systems. The department is a critical source of support for a variety of new technology initiatives and internal research and development (R&D) efforts. Some of the programs supported by the department include – Zumwalt, AQS-20, AMDR, LCS-VDS, and NATO programs.
There is an exciting opportunity within the Integrated Warfare and Sensor System Software department in Portsmouth, RI for a Senior Software Engineering Manager (Zumwalt Software and Hardware Development Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead). The Software and Hardware IPT Lead is responsible for managing the development of new system capabilities for the Zumwalt Class Destroyer program. In addition to leading development efforts, the IPT Lead is responsible for managing IPT response for requested software and hardware changes identified during shipboard combat systems activation and test events. These time sensitive efforts support critical events for DDG 1000, DDG 1001, future DDG 1002, Zumwalt Shore Training Facility (ZTF), and Self Defense Test Ship (SDTS).
This role requires direct and frequent communication and collaboration with US Navy stakeholders, including the Navy Baseline Manager in IWS-9, PMS-500, NSWC-DD Technical team. This individual will manage the IPT’s execution of formal development and maintenance of software and hardware products, ensure adherence to established Raytheon and program processes, manage the IPT’s performance to program schedules, and operate within funding constraints. As a leader within the Zumwalt Engineering organization, this person will actively provide leadership, vision, strategy and guidance to ensure that the daily operations of the organization align with the present long-term goals of IDS engineering, SeaPower and the businesses they serve.
Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to:
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.Required Qualifications:
- Manage multiple and simultaneous development efforts of software and hardware products.
- Coordinate IPT development and maintenance efforts with other supporting organizations and stakeholders. The IPT lead will be responsible for managing other supporting Raytheon organizations via Inter-Organization Transfers (IOTs), establishing and managing scope, cost, and schedule constraints.
- Responsible for team’s compliance and execution in accordance with established processes and directives, to include the program’s ‘Software Development Plan. Liason with the Navy’s baseline manager and various technical stakeholders to establish concurrence on directed scope, cost, schedule, and technical details. Ensure IPT’s conduct and performance is aligned with directed scope Statements of Work (SOWs) and contract terms.
- Support the Zumwalt program office in future growth through proposal development and the deployment and continual improvement of people, processes and tools.
- Represent the interests of several engineering directorates (SED, SADID, SVTAD, EDD) on the program and is responsible for managing a team capable of delivering products that include software, hardware, algorithms, requirements, simulations, customer briefings, etc.
- Minimum 12 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in Agile software development methodologies and/or use of Scrumban for software maintenance
- Experience with Department of Defense customers and/or associated contractor executives and technical leadership
- Experience managing software and/or hardware engineers
- Earned Value Management Experience
- Proposal experience supporting large scale strategic growth efforts
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Active Secret Clearance (Department of Defense)
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) or related field
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon. • Follow @Raytheon on Twitter • Follow Raytheon on YouTube• Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn• Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- Knowledge of Zumwalt Ship Control Systems and Combat Systems
- Experience with leading development and maintenance across multiple program sites
- Programmatic processes experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Scrum at Scale
- Proactive, comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-tiered environment
- Excellent presentation and proposal skills
- Working in all stages of the software development and hardware
- Experienced with improvement and efficiency methods aimed at complex problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Knowledge and/or experience in IPDS process
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.