Are you interested in solving real-world problems? Are you interested in playing a significant role in our nation’s security? Do you enjoy working in a culture that emphasizes innovation, teamwork, and technical excellence in a collegial work environment that values creativity and initiative? If so, we'd like to hear from you.
Who we are
For more than 70 years, scientists and engineers in diverse disciplines at Raytheon BBN Technologies have collaborated to solve real-world problems through research, exploration, development and prototyping. We partner with the best technical talent in academia and industry to challenge the status quo, pioneer new technologies, and create transformative solutions.
We are seeking a Senior Principal software developer to join our Physical Sciences & Systems business unit located just outside Newport, Rhode Island. We are looking for world class contributors to join our team solving problems that are both technically challenging and cutting-edge. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, middleware development, Linux driver development, and multi-threaded programming. The ideal candidate will be comfortable learning new technologies and thrives working in a multi-disciplinary capacity.’
What you will do
• Develop middleware software for deployed DoD Linux systems; such as logging, gui, networking, and performance monitoring
• Develop driver software and interface specifications for external recorders, sensors, and network interfaces
• Collaborate with a cross-functional team testing your contributions and analyzing performance
• Create and integrate components into a larger system.
What you will gain
• Involvement in the technical components of solving our customer’s most complex problems
• Work with world class researchers and engineers who embrace innovation and challenge the status quo
• Be part of a team that plays a significant role in the security of our nation
• Opportunity to leverage your analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Opportunities to supervise and lead small technical teams and customer direct interfacing.
What you need
• BS in Computer Science, or relevant discipline and 11 years of experience or MS grad with degree and 9 years of experience
• Experience developing software in and for a Linux Red Hat or Red Hawk environment
• Ability to meet assigned tasking schedules while working on multiple tasks
• Proficiency using C/C++
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME
• Active/current US Government/DoD Secret clearance or higher.
• Advanced degree and at least 6 years of direct experience
• Previous experience in design, implementation, debug, and test a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our clients. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, Come Join Our Team! We offer outstanding benefits that include a 5% 401k company match, a 5% Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentives, paid parental leave, paid time off, flexible work schedules and all kinds of employee discounts.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.