General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
See SCA Directory of Occupations
Network technician must be able to operate without technical supervision. Must be able to resolve complexed hardware and software problems. Provide guidance and technical support to lesser experienced technicians
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures network hardware and software. Provides network troubleshooting and support.
3. Provides technical support and training to end-users. Administers network security.
4. Backs up file server data/disks.
5. Provides complex server maintenance.
6. Sets up new users and deletes old users from the network.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required
1. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network troubleshooting and support.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
4. Professional Certification in one or more specific technologies may be required to meet DoD Approved RMF Baseline Certifications.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.