General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Extensive experience with Infrastructure IT (Systems Administration -Windows, Network Administration, AD/GPO and/or Virtualization)
2. Manage accounts, privileges and system access
3. Knowledge and familiarity with DISA STIGs, Perform workstation, server, and application scanning to determine vulnerability risks
4. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows workstations and servers, including Windows 10, 2012, 2016 (Server Core and Desktop Experience)
5. Knowledge of Microsoft SCCM, SCOM, SCVMM. Including role-based administration, monitoring of site health, building or capturing Windows images, and task sequencing
6. Knowledge of mass changes of Windows workstations and servers through SCCM or other technologies
7. Manage system resource in the monitoring of performance, capacity, availability, serviceability and recoverability
8. Implement security procedures, resolve hardware and software interface and interoperability problems
9. Ensure system availability, functionality, integrity and efficiency, and maintain system configuration and documentation
10. Manage and maintain enterprise level servers and infrastructure
11. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
12. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
13. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
14. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
15. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Experience with deploying, configuring, and managing enterprise configuration and application management solutions using Microsoft SCCM
2. Experience with the management and operational use of systems monitoring tools, including Solarwinds, Splunk, or Microsoft SC (SCOM, SCCM, SCVMM, etc.)
3. Experience with developing deployment, configuration, and reporting solutions using Microsoft PowerShell
4. Experience with analyzing and enhancing operational procedures and new innovative solutions to address current and emerging IT challenges
5. Ability to work independently and as a team member to solve difficult technical challenges on a global scale
6. Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
7. Possession of excellent team collaboration skills
8. Some SQL knowledge preferred
Skills and Abilities
1. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of related hardware and software.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
CASP, CISSP, or CISM – Preferred
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, training, work experience, and Security+ CE Certification