General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
The LVC-IA Lead provides local and distributed live, virtual, constructive simulation and gaming training support incorporating live (HITS) virtual (AVACATT, RVTT/RVS/CCTT), and games for training (VBS3) training devices supporting an Integrated Training Environment (ITE). The LVC-IA manager serves as a Systems Administrator. This position is an IAT II coded IA position with a DCWF Work Role as a System Administrator IAW DoD 8570.01-m Change 4 2012. Security clearance of a least SECRET (S) is required. Additionally a Classified Alternate Token is required for system access. Responsible for participating in the full lifecycle of training events, planning, preparing, testing, and operate all aspect of the LVC-IA system of systems incorporated into an ITE exercise by performing scenario generation, exercise control and execution. The contractor shall submit problem ticket reports (PTRs) for system problems/improvements and participate in monthly LVC-IA coordinator meetings. During times of open LVC schedule, this contractor will be available to train and facilitate on comparable non-LVC models as required. Reports to operational contract Site Manager or designee.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
BA/BS in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.