General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. This individual will be a member of a team supporting custom software development and O&M for enterprise systems supporting Finance and Travel requirements. Most applications are Java and in the cloud environment.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
- Experience performing installations, upgrades, and maintains operating systems and application software on Linux or Windows platforms
- Experience supporting multiple environments to include dev, test, training, and production environments
- Familiarity with AWS technology and virtualization (using Linux within the cloud)
- Experience with Windows Server 2008/2012 R2
- Experience with Oracle Database tasks
- Familiarity with encryption technology (PKI authentication)
- Hands on experience with web services
- Experience supporting enterprise wide software
- Must be able to collaborate well with all members of the development team
- Must be able to work independently to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Must take initiative to improve systems and services when it's less busy and systems are running smoothly
- Must be proactive in monitoring systems and managing requirements, like accounts, passwords, certificates, backups, system cache
- Must be effective at writing; documenting procedures and contributing to technical documentation deliverables
10+ years of experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.