Radar Systems Engineer
One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place…..
Raytheon offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth.
The Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID) is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). The more than 1,100 employees of SADID provide requirements definition and design at the system, subsystem and component level every day in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. Supporting this mission are teams providing domain expertise and creative solutions in surveillance, naval and missile defense based radar system design, sonar and undersea sensor system design, integrated air and missile defense systems engineering, command and control/battle management system design, combat system and platform architecture design and integration, operational analysis and simulation modeling research and development, software intensive system engineering, cyber solutions and algorithm development for signal processing, tracking and discrimination systems. SADID welcomes you to join our tradition of achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity conducive to a flexible work schedule and environment.
This position can be a Salary Grade G07 or G08 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Perform Systems Engineering tasks related to:
- Systems Engineering Studies / Trades to determine solutions to technical issues
- System Requirements Definition and Analysis
- Algorithm Development
- Requirements Documentation Updates
- System Test and Analysis
- Work in coordination with the Program office to interact with customer and end-user representatives in developing system requirements
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience with developing, documenting, and maintaining processes, methods and tools
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Active DoD Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship status is required) or obtain within 1 year from start date.
- Experience with Battle Management Command, Control. Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (BMC4I) systems, Radar Systems, or signal processing techniques
- Experience with system level requirements development, documentation and maintenance and/or requirements development and design of system level software architecture.
- Experience with radar system concepts; detection, discrimination, track and signal processing algorithms and their behaviors and performance
- Experience with the development and coding of system models, algorithms, test vectors and analysis tools in support of analyzing radar requirements and performance
- Experience and interest in Information Assurance/Cyber Engineering requirements, determination, development, and implementation
- Experience working with Matlab, C/C++, Java, or DOORS
- Previous military service
- Excellent communication, technical writing, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to interface with customers and lead technical solutions to complex user needs
- Strong analytic, technical and problem solving skills
- Active DoD Secret Clearance or greater
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related discipline.
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more. What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.