Saint Louis Park
Raytheon BBN Technologies solves challenging problems of high importance to our customers in the Department of Defense, the Intelligence Community and Industry by rapidly prototyping systems for sensing complex physical phenomena, correlating them to events of interest, and producing high-value, actionable information from the sensed data. The team specializes in delivering networked sensor system solutions by combining a strong understanding of the underlying physics, high-fidelity modeling, simulation of complex signatures and propagation phenomenology, deep expertise in signal processing, EM and RF phenomenology, and computer science, proven capabilities in system development, and mature tools to enable rapid design cycles from theory to demonstration. We are currently searching for a highly qualified Signal Processing RF Engineer to join our team in Arlington, VA. Qualified candidates will have experience in several of the areas listed below. Candidates must have significant experience implementing research-grade algorithms and applying these to data collected from real sensors or radios.
Statistical signal processing:
• Estimation techniques including Bayesian and non-Bayesian estimators, performance measures such as bias and mean-square error and bounds on estimator performance such as the Cramer-Rao lower bound
• Detection techniques including the Neyman-Pearson detection, probabilities of detection and false alarm, receiver operating curves, etc.
Adaptive signal processing:
• Temporal and space-time adaptive processing
• Interference covariance estimation techniques including both structured and reduced-rank techniques
• Wiener filtering and on-line adaptive techniques such as LMS and RLS
RF propagation modeling:
• Link budgets, terrestrial and free-space propagation models, multipath, non-stationary propagation environments (Doppler spread), clock stability and phase noise, and target kinematics
• Array processing, beamforming, direction finding, filtering and tracking
• Range-Doppler radar and synthetic aperture radar
• Modulation techniques and tradeoffs, channel estimation and tracking, MIMO communications, equalization, forward error correction and decoding
* 0-6 years of experience depending on degree.
* Develops and applies advanced methods, theories, and R&D techniques from a variety of technical specialties for complex and difficult problems.
* Independently executes responsibilities without need for review or supervision.
* Routinely plans/directs/coordinates projects or significant portions of large projects; projects are complex, difficult and involve multiple staff.
* Plans new projects and is project leader, or is technical lead on projects of substantial size, complexity, and importance to the organization. Specifies personnel and equipment needed for projects. Defines assignments for less senior professionals and provides supervision;
* Takes proactive action to anticipate, understand, and meet customer needs.
* Speaks for BBN to external customers; customer relies on experience and performance.
* Develops novel concepts that address challenging technical problems of concern to BBN’s customers
* Position may require some amount of overnight travel.
BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or other relevant technical field. Advanced degree preferred
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. 145499
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.