General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
See SCA Directory of Occupations
1. Plans, coordinates, and conducts training and related instructional programs for customer personnel.
2. Conducts training sessions and assists in evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
3. Coordinates logistics for instruction events, including scheduling classes, reserving classrooms, and preparing workstations.
4. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
5. May participate in the development and establishment of course content and objectives.
6. Updates course documentation as needed to ensure timeliness and relevance.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in the development of collective training products as required.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.