KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Manager, Business Development
Responsibilities of Position:
- The primary responsibilities of the proposal manager encompass pursuit management activities throughout Middle and End Game.
- Analyzes customer documents, such as the Requests for Proposal (RFP), to determine response requirements.Establishes response outlines and schedules to ensure full compliance with directions.
- Plans, schedules, and oversees proposal efforts.
- Interacts with capture management teams to ensure proposal meets all RFP requirements (e.g., submission dates)
- Establishes color reviews (e.g., Pink, Red, Gold Teams) to review proposal to ensure its integrity.
- Interviews customers before, during, and after proposal process; analyzes the information and reports findings to the Leadership Committee and proposal team(s).
- Trains proposal team members to ensure that RFP requirements, writing style needed, win strategy, etc. are being met for each bid.
- Compiles technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with RFP specifications, coordinates the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling and performance elements from functional departments.
- Coordinates activities and participates in fact-finding meetings.
- Participates as a member of the contract negotiating team.
- Compiles information from functional departments.
- Participates as team member on proposal teams in support of proposal efforts.
- Write sections of the proposal, including Management, Personnel, Executive Summaries, and other Volumes as assigned.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Works within department and corporate objectives.
- Frequent internal and external customer interaction.
- Exhibits wide application of standard theories, principles, concepts and techniques plus a working knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Resolves complex technical issues in primary area of competence, limited assistance is available.
- Problems are generally unique in nature, and extend across multiple functions or disciplines.
Key Success Factors:
- Use interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills to effectively collaborate with diverse groups including BD, Functional, and Operational personnel.
- Effectively manage multiple simultaneously occurring time-critical tasks.
- Effectively partner with the Capture Manager and Proposal Coordinator to ensure overall proposal compliance across all required Volumes.
- Write compelling and compliant Proposal Volumes and required Plans (i.e., Safety, Quality, Transition, etc.).
- Ability to work in a highly classified environment and understand classified proposal portion marking requirements.
- Strong project management experience and team facilitation skills. Extensive expertise and skills in the proposal process. Excellent communication/presentation skills. Superior organization and follow-through skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Strong analytical ability. Excellent business acumen skills. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities and assignments. Ability to lead and work together as a team, either in a support role or as a project leader. Willingness to work overtime on short notice. Frequent travel may be required.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in technical or business administration or related field plus 5 years of related experience. In lieu of formal education, 13 years of related experience. Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- Active TS clearance with SCI-eligibility required.
Job: Business Development
Primary Location: US-US-TX-Houston
Other Locations: US-US-AL-Huntsville,, US-Tennessee, US-US-MD-Greenbelt
Req ID: 1084435