Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
- ManTech is seeking a dynamic and innovative Capture Manager to directly support the MSS Defense Business Unit at our El Segundo, CA location. Reporting to the Sales Vice President for Defense, this highly visible position will work with the most senior managers across ManTech to develop strategy and drive business growth on the business units largest, most strategic opportunities.
The selected candidate must be a seasoned professional that understands the full capture lifecycle and has been successful in various customer domains within the defense section. Primary focus of customers with indepth knowledge and experience working with US Space Command, Air Force Space Command (Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), 14 AF, 460 SW, 21 SW, 30 SW, 45 SW, 50 SW), AFRL, NASA, Army Space and Missile Defense Command, and MDA; intimate knowledge, and access to key organizations is essential. This position will work closely with the appropriate ManTech business programs and leaders to provide strategic direction and leadership; develop comprehensive and compelling solutions; support qualification of new business opportunities; develop creative and innovative capture strategies; and lead the preparation of winning proposals for our government clients.
Understanding market trends and technical direction of customers and translating customer and competitive intelligence into compelling capture strategies and solutions is the essence of this position. He/she must be able to leverage deep mission understanding of customers’ needs and objectives in the areas of Systems Engineering & Integration; Model-based Engineering; Software Development; Mission Assurance; Big Data and Data Analytics; Cyber Threats, Cyber Security and Advanced Technologies.
Essential Job Duties
Responsibilities include market analysis, strategic business planning, and capture strategy/solution development, leading to award of major programs. This position will include oversight of customer contact and positioning; teaming interactions; and coordination with other internal business development, solution architecture and sales resources available across ManTech. Experience with customer relationship management and opportunity tracking as well as experience with a variety of contract types including cost plus fixed fee, fixed price, award fee, and performance based contracting are key. Familiarity with major acquisition vehicles is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of related experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered, particularly with military service. Prior sales/business development/capture experience in defense.
- Indepth customer experience with Air Force Space Command; SMC; AFRL; NASA; and SMDA
- Track record of successful capturing and winning >$100M new business opportunities with Space market.
- Demonstrated ability to lead/execute disciplined capture efforts for large and/or complex captures focused on Systems Engineering & Integration; Mission Assurance; Software Development; Big Data and Data Analytics; Cyber Threats, Cyber Security and Advanced Technologies.
- The candidate must be an organized, aggressive, and highly-skilled professional with proven success in selling in a highly competitive systems engineering and professional service markets to customers.
- Prior experience with the Shipley Business Acquisition Process is preferred
- Ability to drive /follow the Capture Process from Opportunity Positioning and Qualification through Proposal Development and Opportunity Closing
- This position is located in El Segundo, CA office
- It is preferable that the candidate has held a lead role in a defense and professional services sales organization.
Security Requirements: Active Security clearance strongly preferred.
Degree: Equivalent Experience; Education-Bachelor’s Degree
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.