Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
We hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We understand that in order to hold this distinct honor, we must provide our employees with the opportunity to break through barriers. We reinvest in our employees through rich educational opportunities such as 100% paid tuition for qualifying Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, rich training and certification programs allowing our employees to obtain industry best certifications, a variety of Communities of Practice (COPs) where employees can exchange knowledge and much more, along with a vast array of instruction and resources needed for personal and professional development through our very own ManTech University. In addition to those amazing benefits, ManTech also has a fully dedicated Career Mobility team to provide you with guidance and assistance to continue to grow your career with ManTech.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Cloud Administrator Level 3 to join our team in the Annapolis Junction, MD area to provide unparalleled support to our customers and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
The Cloud Administrator provides support for implementation and trouble shooting and maintenance on large Hadoop cloud clusters.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics is highly desired and will be considered equivalent to two (2) years of experience.
- Hadoop/Cloud System Administrator Certification or comparable Cloud System/Service Certification is required.
- Shall have at least four (4) years of experience managing and monitoring large distributed system (>1000 nodes).
- Shall have seven (7) years’ experience writing software scripts using scripting languages including bash, perl, or python.
- Shall have ten (10) years’ experience demonstrating a fundamental understanding and working knowledge of core components of the Linux operating system including the management of user and group accounts in LDAP configuration of DHCP, DNS, and TFTP.
- Shall have experience diagnosing and troubleshooting large scale cloud computing systems including familiarity with distributed systems for storage and retrieval of data e.g. Apache’s Hadoop, Accumulo, CASSANDRA distributed databases, or SCALITY or SWIFT object stores.
- Shall have demonstrated ability to work within a pre-defined mission focused team structure, follow SOP’s, communicate effectively, accept constructive feedback, and receive technical guidance and advice from senior level technical resources.
- Shall have demonstrated a willingness to learn new technologies and leverage senior level resources to expand current technical foundation using team structure.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on complex tasks, show a willingness to educate and train more junior technical resources.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, communicate, lead and oversee complex technical tasks requiring interaction with multiple groups.
- Shall have demonstrated experience with configuration management tools including Puppet and SALT.
- Expert Understanding of the end to end Linux PXE/Network provisioning process to include familiarity with Anaconda Kickstart configurations, RAID controller utilities, TFTP images, and disk detect scripts.
- Experience accessing and troubleshooting systems via remote utilities to perform hardware diagnosis and repair including VNC, serial over LAN interfaces, and IPMI, BIOS-level configuration.
- Understanding of overall corporate architecture as well as familiarity with openSSL and Java keystore manipulation.
- Expert in troubleshooting commodity hardware platforms including previous experiences with SGI/HP hardware including SGI’s J series.
- Advanced knowledge of SSH tunneling and protocols including the implementation of dynamic SOCKS proxies as well as other ssh-based utilities, including rysn, pdsh, pdcp, and WinSCP.
- Basic understanding of low level network concepts including vlans, port channel bonding and layer2/layer 3 switch interactions.
- Familiarity with software load balancers for large scale webservice implementations including haproxy and nginx.
- Experience with Kubernetes orchestration services and Docker images.
- Experience with log aggregation and search tools including ElasticSearch, logstatsh, filebeats, Grafana, and rsyslog.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI w/ a Counterintelligence Polygraph.
- Must be able to be in a stationary position more than 50% of the time
- Must be able to communicate, converse, and exchange information with peers and senior personnel
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a computer
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.