Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Each day U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) oversees the massive flow of people, capital, and products that enter and depart the United States via air, land, sea, and cyberspace. The volume and complexity of both physical and virtual border crossings require the application of solutions to promote efficient trade and travel. Further, effective solutions help CBP ensure the movement of people, capital, and products is legal, safe, and secure. In response to this challenge, ManTech, as a trusted mission partner of CBP, seeks capable, qualified, and versatile Java Developers to facilitate data-driven decision making in response to national security threats.
As a Java Developer on our team, you will 1) support the development of enterprise applications; 2) design and implement micro-services architectures; and 3) develop performance dashboards and artifacts to inform resource allocation, justify requirements, and support statutory reporting mandates.
- Perform development and maintenance of end-user focused, object-oriented, data-driven analytic applications to support CBP threat analysis and targeting.
- Independently identify technical solutions for business problems, directly contribute to conceptual design, and routinely collaborate with Enterprise/Application architects, Database Architects, Data Scientists, and mission stakeholders.
- Develop new code, modify existing application code, conduct unit and system testing, and engage in rigorous documentation of developed and delivered application use cases, data flows, and functional operations.
- Demonstrate a strong practical understanding of industry standard Java Application Servers technologies such as WebLogic, WebSphere, TomcatEE and/or JBoss for application delivery.
- Demonstrate a strong practical understanding of application-relevant cargo and passenger data and databases used to support analytic application development, functionality and targeting end user (officer) operation.
- Drive the development of CBP Common Framework-compliant UI/UX to promote clear, consistent, and simple to use interfaces for developed applications.
- Actively participate in formal and informal design reviews, solution sessions, and project milestone meetings as well as contribute to project document artifacts for presentation to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Actively contribute to the development of a community of practice focused on enhancing technical skills, sharing best practices, and promoting enhanced mission domain knowledge.
- Hands on experience with Java 8+ and newer language features
- Experience with Java and Object-Oriented Design and development principles (e.g. XML, JSON)
- Hands on experience with one or more relational database systems (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, Postgres)
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Experience using Spring to develop Micro Services and/or REST API
- Familiar with one or more ORM libraries such as Hibernate
- Experience with web/application servers (e.g., Tomcat, WildFly, WebLogic)
- Experience with one or more build tools (e.g., Maven, Gradle, Bamboo).
- Hands on experience with Software Source Code Management tools (e.g. BitBucket, Git)
- Familiar with Agile Lifecycle Management and engineering tools including Atlassian Jira and Confluence as well as application IDE tools including Eclipse, Jupyter Notebook, and Apache Zeppelin
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux and shell scripting
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science OR related field with 5+ years of technical experience
- Developing applications with Spring Boot
- Hands on experience leveraging distributed data/computing tools including Hadoop, Spark, Impala, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Solr, etc.
- Experience developing solutions via Amazon Web Services (e.g, AWS EC2, RDS, S3)
- Experience with NoSQL database systems such as Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience executing continuous integration with Jenkins or Bamboo
- Agile Scrum participation and, ideally, Scrum Master experience
Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Background Investigation.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.