Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
We hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We understand that in order to hold this distinct honor, we must provide our employees with the opportunity to break through barriers. We reinvest in our employees through rich educational opportunities such as 100% paid tuition for qualifying Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, rich training and certification programs allowing our employees to obtain industry best certifications, a variety of Communities of Practice (COPs) where employees can exchange knowledge and much more, along with a vast array of instruction and resources needed for personal and professional development through our very own ManTech University. In addition to those amazing benefits, ManTech also has a fully dedicated Career Mobility team to provide you with guidance and assistance to continue to grow your career with ManTech.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Site Reliability Engineer Level 2 to join our team in the Annapolis Junction, MD area to provide unparalleled support to our customers and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
The Site Reliability Engineer provides support in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. Provides support for highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, Hadoop, Acumulo, Big Table, Cassandra, Scality et cetera.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in a related technical field is highly desired which will be considered equivalent to two (2) years of experience. A Master's degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years of experience. NOTE: A degree in Mathematics, Information Systems, Engineering, or similar degree will be considered as a technical field.
- Shall have eleven (11) years of experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- Cloud Systems Administrator or Developer Certification.
- Shall have seven (7) years’ experience in system engineering/architecture.
- Shall have seven (7) years’ experience working with products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, Hadoop, Acumulo, Big Table, Cassandra, Scality et cetera.
- At least seven (7) years’ experience writing software scripts using scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby for software automation.
- At least three (3) years of experience managing and monitoring large Cloud System (>1000 nodes).
- Experience in performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complete hardware/software systems to include monitoring technical health of a system, improving organizational processes, implementation of postmortem (failure) analysis and incident management.
- Seven (7) years of experience in the cleared environment.
- Seven (7) years demonstrated experience developing software for one of the following: UNIX, or Linux OS.
- Knowledge and experience with developing distributed storage routing and querying algorithms.
- Experience in developing documentation required to support a program’s technical issues and training situations.
- Seven (7) years of experience developing software systems using object-oriented programming languages (i.e. Java, Python, et cetera).
- Experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
- Seven (7) years of experience in developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large scale programs.
- Experience designing, developing, testing, evaluating, and integrating information systems into a services oriented environment.
- Experience optimizing storage, retrieval, backup, and retention strategies across globally distributed, high throughput, text and multimedia storage within clustered or cloud environments.
- Experience operating in a multi-thread environment.
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting complex software in a cloud environment.
- Familiarity with Configuration Management and monitoring tools.
- Familiarity with Agile software methodologies and practices.
- Significant experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing, operations, and managing networks required operating in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI w/ a Counterintelligence Polygraph.
- Must be able to be in a stationary position more than 50% of the time
- Must be able to communicate, converse, and exchange information with peers and senior personnel
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a computer
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.