The Seapower Capabilities Finance Team in Portsmouth, RI is seeking a highly motivated Business Manager join the Undersea Systems finance team as the Anti-Submarine Warfare, Torpedoes and Submarines Business Manager.
The Business Manager will be responsible for managing the financial performance of multiple programs in an area well positioned for future growth. Programs include the Variable Depth Sonar (VDS) franchise, Torpedoes, Airborne Low Frequency Sonar (ALFS), Outpost, and submarine programs. The portfolio includes programs in all phases (development, production and sustainment) as well international FMS and DCS contracts. The business manager will be responsible for an organization of 6 program business managers and analysts with the near term expectation of additional growth.
The business manager will lead all elements of financial management for the portfolio including Program Controls, Financial Planning & Analysis and capture/new business development. This position requires proactive leadership and significant interaction with two Program Directors, Program Managers, and Business Managers to ensure alignment regarding strategy, operating and financial objectives. The Business Manager is a strategic business partner to various functional teams and works in collaboration on the successful capture/execution of proposals, Gate reviews, contract negotiations, financial reporting (AOP, Five Year Plan, Forecast) and EACs.
The selected candidate must be able to work under deadlines and constraints as well as have the ability to multitask across a variety of programs. This position requires the ability to provide top level program planning and control guidance as well as the ability to summarize, package, and present information to all levels of management.
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures adequate financial controls are in place and all policies are being followed
- Responsible for reviewing and providing guidance to teams on quarterly EAC Reviews
- Lead the monthly forecast cadence
- Support the monthly closing process, providing results and variance analysis to the teams
- Lead the development of the five year strategic and annual operating plans and related analysis
- Provide cost, schedule, financial analysis/reporting, funding planning, reporting, monitoring, and analysis utilizing standard company tools, and in compliance with standard processes
- Review financial reports, presentations and bids for accuracy and completeness.
- Manage NBI and capital investments; perform Business Case analysis and Return on Investment (ROI) analysis in support of new business
- Leads cost strategy effort for proposals/competitive procurements
- Manage several direct reports; hold teams accountable to performance objectives and provide guidance regarding career development and continued learning
- Minimum 10 years applicable work in Financial Management, Financial Planning and Analysis, Program Controls or related areas of finance
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence senior leaders, team members
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team environment and lead teams to success
- Prior Finance leadership experience, proven experience effectively leading/managing/developing teams
- Working knowledge of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) concepts, related systems, and processes
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding disclosure statements and classifying tasks/activities by appropriate “color of money” – Direct, Overhead, Selling, Bid and Proposal (B&P), IRAD, and Capital
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, creative, and innovative and use critical and strategic thinking
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Demonstrated experience with SAP accounting system tools
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to meet multiple commitments as expected
- Budgeting and variance analysis skills
- Risk and Opportunity analysis skills
- Prior work experience with a US Government Defense Contractor
- Active DOD Security Clearance
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Bachelor’s degree. Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related field preferred.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.