Raytheon Missile Systems is the world’s largest missile producer. RMS is responsible for the design, test, manufacture, and support of weapon systems equipping the US warfighter and our international allies to meet a large variety of demanding mission requirements. Every missile system produced by Raytheon contains advanced electrical subsystems. These enable target detection, target tracking, guidance, navigation, signal processing, and communication in extreme battle-field environments. The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) is responsible for all aspects of these subsystems’ design, test, and production.
The Subsystem Design and Architecture Department, a part of ESD, is currently searching for an Electrical Engineer with experience in Electrical System Design to perform an Interconnect Design role.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.Key Responsibilities:
- Candidate will be responsible for facilitating the design of the electrical architecture across the system.
- Candidate will have responsibilities that including developing and documenting electrical requirements, performing trade and feasibility studies of the electrical system, and interact with multiple engineering disciplines to create a cohesive system design.
- Candidate must communicate effectively with government agencies as well as internal and external customers to define electrical systems and requirements.
- Candidate will utilize engineering CAD tools to interrogate and generate the electrical system diagrams and related engineering products.
- Candidate will review and monitor engineering hardware development to verify the electrical system design is accurately captured and properly implemented.
- Participate as an Individual Contributor supporting program activities.
- Execution of assigned program related tasks, including generation of block diagrams, system schematics, interface compatibility reports, and architecture design.
- Coordinate with the harness, mechanical, unit, and subsystem engineering in support of the program.
- Support integration and test engineering in electrical system verification.
- Responsible for oversite for electrical system modeling.
- Support cable harness engineering in cable and connector selections.
- Support electrical test and unit test anomaly resolution teams.
- 8 years of Engineering Experience.
- Experience working with electrical circuitry, cables, wires, and connectors with knowledge of electrical analysis.
- Experience with electrical test equipment/ test capacities.
- Experience modeling electrical systems within schematic capture / CAD modeling tools.
- Previous design experience utilizing Creo Schematics or Routes System Design
- A working knowledge of Creo Parametric is highly desirable.
- 6 years of electrical system design experience within aerospace systems.
- Experience in generating, documenting and verifying electrical design requirements.
- A broad understanding of all engineering specialties.
- Willingness to travel in support of activities relating to system testing and verification.
- Have an engineer’s curiosity, and a desire to learn and grow.
- The desire and ability to think freely and provide unique solutions to solve complex engineering problems.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to proactively identify alternate solutions to overcome difficult technical challenges.
- Must have solid communication, teaming and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks across the electrical system.
- An existing DoD security clearance.
Required Education (including Major):Minimum of Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering or related STEM degree
Security Requirement: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.