Do you actively seek out complex Communications problems to solve?
Would you like to work on designing, integrating, and testing communication systems for some our nation’s largest defense systems?
Do you enjoy working in dynamic teams where you share your knowledge and learn?
If your answer to those questions is an enthusiastic “yes!” then you may be the person we’re looking for to join our innovative team as a Data Link Subsystems Engineer. The RF and Navigation Subsystems Department at Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is seeking an engineer to provide Data Link expertise to sustain, extend and grow new business. Learn more below and apply today!
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Job Description and Tasks:
· Perform/evaluate/demonstrate design concepts, performance trade studies, link budget analyses and developed capabilities for data link communication applications.
· Perform hardware and software Communication Architecture trade studies.
· Develop, prototype, and test data link models and communication signal processing algorithms in detailed high fidelity simulations and support hardware implementation
· Test, verify and validate communication and signal processing algorithm requirements in laboratory or field test environments.
· Provide engineering support through participation in project design reviews, peer reviews, briefings to internal leadership and external customers for all phases of missile communication development tasks.
· Support the RMS Data link product portfolio across the product development lifecycle including assisting with transition to production.
· Must have a minimum of 8 years professional engineering experience with the technological aspects of communications systems design, data link hardware development, algorithm development, or digital signal processing
· Programming/Simulation experience in MATLAB, SIMULINK, C/C++, or equivalent language
· Coursework and/or experience with communication theory, digital signal processing, probability theory, stochastic signal processing, RF and electromagnetic theory.
· Master’s degree in EE, Math or Physics in communications systems design, data link hardware development, algorithm development, and or digital signal processing.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to develop and present comprehensive technical briefings to peers and to program and customer leadership.
· Experience with fixed point algorithm simulations for VHDL verification.
· Experience with wireless fading model simulation.
· Ability to lead multi-disciplined engineering teams in order to develop and sustain communication products across the life cycle.
· Experience with cost and schedule development for large data link development efforts.
Required Education (including Major):
· B.S. Majors: Electrical Engineering and Electrical & Computer Science Engineering or related STEM degree.
This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
U.S. Citizenship required
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.