***Great opportunity for current college students entering their Junior or Senior year by Fall 2020 or college graduate students (entering or currently enrolled) in a graduate program by Fall 2020 If you are not a current college or graduate student, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!***
As a Defense Contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of Security Clearance and Special Access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Secret Security
Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.Job Description:
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the provider of AESA Systems which provide the war fighter with the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. The Systems Engineering Integration and Test Center (SEIT) engineering organization is seeking engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for the warfighter.Responsibilities include but is not limited to:
For Multi-Level Intern Requisitions:
- Analyzing system requirements, decomposing requirements to software subsystems, and defining testing criteria of the requirements at the software and system level
- Developing novel solutions for testing and verification of tactical and/or strategic radar system requirements.
- Design, develop, test and verify physics and effects based kinematic and RF models and simulations.
- Working with the Mode Development team to develop predictive models of mode performance in flight test
- Analyzing flight test data and validating predicted results
- Interfacing with senior-level leaders, external customers, end users & analysts
- This highly dynamic environment requires both speed and efficiency in addition to maintaining product quality, functionality and traceability. Applicants are expected to be self-motivated, detail oriented and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team through strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The Systems Engineer will frequently work with a diverse group of Software Engineers, Systems Engineers and RF subject matter experts and must be comfortable either working independently or as part of an integrated development team. Under the oversight of I&T Integrated Product Team (IPT) leadership and functional management, applicants will have the opportunity to lead small groups in development, integration testing and requirements verification.
This position can be a Salary Grade of G04, G05 or NUG based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- G04 (College Junior by Fall 2020) - must have completed 60 hours of college
- G05 (College Senior by Fall 2020) - must have completed 90 hours of college
- NUG (Post- Graduate-Masters-PhD by Fall 2020) - must have an Undergraduate Degree and currently enrolled or about to enroll in a Graduate Degree Program
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated capability of completing and following established procedures and schedules
- Must be a college Junior, Senior or Graduate student by Fall 2020
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
- Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Currently pursuing a BS / BA from a 4-year Accredited University and entering as a college Junior or Senior year
- OR pursuing a MS / MA / PhD by Fall 2020 with a major in Engineering, Physics, Math, Systems Engineering or related discipline.
- Must be appropriate grade level listed above.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.