***Great opportunity for current graduate students or recent graduates of a graduate program. If you are not a current student or a recent graduate, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!***As a Defense Contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of Security Clearance and Special Access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded
*** US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED AS SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A U.S. INTERIM SECURITY CLEARANCE DAY ONE OF EMPLOYMENT****
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS), Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) Center is seeking a talented Systems Security Engineer (SSE) to join the Secure Systems Department. This position is in a technical growth area and we need individuals who can apply their technical knowledge and experience to system security engineering and program protection concerns within the key areas of cyber security, anti-tamper, software assurance, supply chain exploitation, and threat and design vulnerability analysis. The SSE will participate in the development of embedded and networked security solutions, and will be responsible for leading and executing the cybersecurity efforts for secure system products. Activities will consist of security subsystem specifications, security subsystem architecture, interface descriptions, RMF assessment and authorization, and vulnerability assessments.
The SSE must be able to work as a member of a team in coordination with engineers in development, integration, test and modeling. The SSE will exhibit a high degree of creativity and ingenuity, and will be responsible for helping the team develop advanced systems /security integrity and information assurance leveraging RMF guidelines and concepts. The SSE must be able to communicate effectively with both team members and team leads, and may be required to brief senior Raytheon and customer leadership teamsRequired Skills:
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require a U.S. SSBI/Special Access Security.
- This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate Government Agency for non-U.S. persons.
- Must be able to obtain an interim secret security clearance PRIOR to starting
- Risk Management Framework (RMF) experience
- Experience in at least one of the Program Protection Areas: Anti-Tamper (HW, SW, and Systems), Cyber Security, SW Assurance, etc.
- Department of Defense (DoD) programs (embedded experience highly preferred).
- Experience with NSA Crypto
- Experience with multi-level security
- Experience performing reverse engineering
- Integrated Product Development System
- System Architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- MS Degree in in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics;
- Advanced Degree(s) by 2020 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.