The F/A-18 Senior Contract Negotiator position is an outstanding and challenging opportunity within the Secure Sensor Solutions Mission Area supporting the F/A-18 production radar line in the Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems business. We are seeking an experienced Contracts professional who is capable to working independently and comfortable advising the F/A-18 Radar Program Office on all matters related to Contracts Management.
The F/A-18 Senior Contract Negotiator will support a dynamic and complex product line with numerous contracts. Responsibilities will include front-end assessment of business pursuits, proposal reviews, program reviews, estimates at completion reviews, contract negotiations, and customer relationship management within company policies, acquisition regulations, and customer requirements/specifications for various types of Government contracts. This further entails leading a team in reviewing request for proposals (RFPs), structuring balanced business deals, formalizing contractual documents, and frequent customer interface.
Additionally, this position will work closely with Raytheon leadership—advise contractual rights and obligations and means to mitigate contractual/program risks, compile and analyze data, maintain historical information, and provide recommendations for a balanced business deal.
The Senior Contract Negotiator will:
- Provide day-to-day Contracts Management support working closely with the Product Line Director and other functional leads within a matrixed environment;
- Provide strategic Contracts leadership to provide proactive business solutions;
- Support the development and review of multiple proposals; and
- Prepare for, strategize, and conduct Contract negotiations with customers.
- At least 6 years of relevant Contracts Management work experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and influencing skills.
- Knowledge and practical experience with FAR, DFARs, other agency supplements, as well as commercial terms and conditions
- Strong problem solving and people skills and the ability to assist Program Managers in achieving their financial and performance goals and objectives.
- Knowledge and experience with Earned Value Management techniques
- Knowledge and experience with Export/Import regulations including ITAR and EAR
- Hands-on experience executing business strategies to reduce risk, enhancing customer satisfaction, building/maintaining positive internal and external customer relationships, improving profitability and supporting business opportunities
- Ability to address issues with a high degree of scope, terms/conditions and contract type complexity
- Proficiency to perform risk assessments on proposals—scope, terms and conditions, potential business arrangements, strategies to maximize achievement of program financial/performance goals, contract type/vehicle, customer satisfaction
- Understands Forward Pricing Rate structures, Cost structure estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Mature judgment, proactive involvement in strategic issues and problem resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task routine and complex contract and proposal activities while responding to unplanned quick response requirements as they emerge
- Ability to work independently, yet recognizes matters that require leadership review and buy-in
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Experience and understanding working with various customers, both Prime contractors and the Government
- Existing Security Clearances
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Law or related field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.