General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
See SCA Directory of Occupations
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
1. Operate, integrate, fielded constructive simulation models in support of exercises and training in classrooms and work cells, reconfigurable tactical operations centers (RTOCs), vehicle pads, and other related training locations.
2. Maintain (update as required) the existing training support packages that integrate training products, materials, and other pertinent information necessary to train in LVCG environments.
3. Coordinates logistics for instruction events, including scheduling classes, reserving classrooms, and preparing workstations.
4. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
5. May participate in the development and establishment of course content and objectives.
6. Updates course documentation as needed to ensure timeliness and relevance.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced instructors.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.