Tactical Communications Technician
WHO WE ARE
KBRwyle is a global government services organization delivering full life cycle professional and technical services from over 60 U.S. and 40 international locations. Our core capabilities include logistics, engineering, science, cyber, intelligence and security services.
WHAT TO EXPECT
When you become part of the KBR team, your career opportunities are endless. We offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know, We Deliver!
ABOUT THIS POSITION
- Operate, maintain and conduct data collection in RF testing remote site.
- Perform cryptographic equipment turn on, set up, and COMSEC key material loading in accordance with Communication Security Material System (CMS) policies.
- Control CMS equipment and material with periodic inventories.
- Strictly adhere to and comply with CMS policies and local directives in the performance of COMSEC tasks. to include COMSEC key material exchange and the destruction of key material in accordance with CMS policy.
- Provide technical guidance and recommend system configurations/troubleshooting tips.
- Other duties as assigned. These may include meeting scheduling, keeping up to date testing hardware. inventory and calibration cycles, and the ability to properly receive and move all test hardware to proper testing environments.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain and uphold a U.S. DoD Clearance.
- Proficiency in DoD guidelines and standards, security procedures and testing protocols.
- Five (5) or more years direct experience with tactical communications involving RF/Satellite communications, including ICOM/Motorola/Harris equipment and its use.
- Familiarity with implementation issues around TRANSEC/COMSEC and DoD radio standards.
- Ability to adhere to security and safety standards and applicable communications policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of procurement processes.
- Strong technical understanding of the fundamentals of wireless communications theory.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field is desired/ Military training equivalent (MOS Army 25U, 25C, Marine Corp MOS 0600 etc.).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications such as MS Word and Excel.
- Proper radio etiquette
- Military experience and/or work experience in DoD Combined or Joint Service environments is considered a plus
- Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) experience desired
- Experience working with multi-level classified information systems in a secure environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear and smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 120 pounds assisted. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Engineering, Technology, & Science
Primary Location: US-US-CA-China Lake
Req ID: 1084461