General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
See SCA Directory of Occupations
Monitors and operates computers and related peripheral equipment.
1. Sets up, monitors, and controls one or more central console computers or on-line terminals, and peripheral equipment, such as printers, tape, and disk drives.
2. Selects and loads input and output
3. Observes operation of equipment, control panel, error lights, verification printouts, error messages, and faulty output, and responds accordingly.
4. Maintains records and prepares reports as required
5. Assists in performing system back-ups
6. Resolves routine errors, and routes complex error messages to appropriate personnel.
7. Confers with software engineering or programming personnel in the event errors require a change of instructions or sequence of operations.
8. Manipulates controls to rearrange sequence of job steps to continue operations when individual units malfunction.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced operators.
10. May serve as a team leader
11. Participates in special projects as required
The LVC-IA Operator provides local and distributed live, virtual, constructive simulation and gaming training support incorporating live (HITS) virtual (AVCATT, RVTT/RVS/CCTT), and games for training (VBS 3) training devices supporting and Integrated Training Environment (ITE). The LVC-IA Operator serves as a Systems Administrator. This position is an IAT I coded IT role with a DCWF Work Role as System Administrator IAW DoD 8570.01-m Change 4 2012. Security clearance of at least SECRET (S) is required. Additionally, a Classified Alternate Token is required for system access. Systems management functions include installing software, managing user accounts, constructing communication files, conducting and archiving backup files, recovery, maintaining the technical library, secure operation and storage of encryption devices, and tuning systems parameters for optimal functions. During times of open LVC schedule, this contractor will be available to train and facilitate on comparable non-LVC models as required. Reports directly to LVC-IA Manager.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
AA/AS in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work/military experience.