Unisys Corporation - Federal Systems (https://unisys-fed.jobs.net/)
full-time employee contract
We are seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Labor Accounting and Operations Analyst to join our team in Reston, VA and interested in exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
• Costpoint timecard system administrator. As administrator, assist users with timecard problems, assign timecard approvers and maintain settings in the system. Responsible for the weekly timecard exports and upload to Costpoint labor distribution. Costpoint Labor Distribution system administrator. Maintain employee master table, pay types, employee classes, overtime recasting and timesheet default settings. Responsible for testing and accepting upgrades to the system.
• Perform biweekly a payroll to labor distribution reconciliation. Reconciliation is done systematically and the accounting analyst must research and correct all variances resulting from the reconciliation process. Variances include entering payroll adjustment timecard entries directly into Costpoint labor.
• Create and distribute weekly missing timecard reports. Research and correct entries contained in the reports.
• Assist all Federal Systems associates with payroll and/or labor charging questions. Work closely with payroll in resolving employee payment discrepancies.
• Biweekly upload payroll special pays into Costpoint labor for payment to the associate. Also calculate and upload the biweekly SCA health & welfare allowance payments to associates identified by HR.
• Create and process monthly accrual journal entries. Accruals are for bonuses, severance, payroll, and deferred commissions.
• Monthly account reconciliations.
• Assist project management, project control and procurement with subcontract labor issues and the processing of subcontractor timecards in Costpoint.
• Responsible for the processing of intercompany support to Federal Systems.
• Responsible for job cost accounting SOX controls and audits. Assist in monthly and quarterly audits.
• Responsible for monthly indirect accruals.
• Labor reporting and analytics for various management reporting and decisions.
• PMO management, tracking, and analysis.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Data Analytics, or related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP.
• Excellent analytical, organizational & multi-tasking skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• High attention to detail and self-motivating.
• Ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
• Experience with and knowledge of:
o Deltek Timecard System
o Costpoint, primarily T&E and labor distribution
o Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Experienced in delivering high caliber soft skills including time management, interpersonal skills (e.g. courtesy, patience, and professionalism), work flow management and customer service.
• Understands Unisys business and financial strategies and is able to operate successfully with little supervision.
• Advanced writing skills with the ability to clearly articulate details for use in financial reports and documentation.
Preferred Skill Requirements:
• Knowledge of CAS and SOX.
• Excellent Excel skills including pivot tables.
• VBA programming used in Excel for reporting.
• Experience with Microsoft PowerBI or Microsoft BI.
• Experience with Microsoft Access.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you'll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government's critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.