***Great opportunity for current college students entering their Junior or Senior year by Fall 2020 or college graduate students (entering or currently enrolled) in a graduate program by Fall 2020. If you are not a current college or graduate student, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!***Job Description:
This individual will be responsible for several tasks in Mission Assurance being the eyes and ears of our customer. This includes Mission Assurance Engineer, Software Quality Engineer, Hardware Quality Engineer, Supplier Quality Engineer, or Audit and Metrics support. Will be part of a team that reviews independent technical assessments of systems engineering, Quality Assurance (QA), technology, production and programmatic (cost, schedule, quality and risks) practices assuring supplier Quality management System (QMS) processes are defined and implemented. This internship may be assigned to support assembly, inspection, test and delivery of products.For Multi-Level Intern Requisitions:
- This position can be a Salary Grade of G04 or G05 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- G04 (College Junior by Fall 2020) - must have completed 60 hours of college
- G05 (College Senior by Fall 2020) - must have completed 90 hours of college
- NUG (Post- Graduate-Masters-PhD by Fall 2020) - must have an Undergraduate Degree and currently enrolled or about to enroll in a Graduate Degree Program
- Experience with the use of the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Required Education (including Major):
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Ability to participate in cross functional process improvement teams
- Ability to technically interface with various engineering disciplines
- Ability to hold constructive meetings, document Actions and follow-up on Action Assignment/Completions
- Possess effective interpersonal skills and ability to work well with team members, customers, suppliers and in a team environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and apply decision–making skills with appropriate supervisory intervention
- Ability to obtain and analyze Quality metrics that may be used to drive true root cause and long-term corrective action
- Ability to participate in problem solving and improvement activities to include root cause analysis and the initiation and implementation of effective short-term and long-term corrective actions
- Experience or familiarity with ISO 9001 and/or AS9100 Quality Management Systems
- Experience or familiarity with the use of analysis tools such as Pareto Analysis, cause/effect diagrams and process mapping
- Experience or familiarity with Statistical Process Control (SPC) or related statistical techniques
- Currently pursuing a BS / BA Degree from an Accredited University and entering as a college Junior or Senior year OR pursuing a MS / MA / PhD by Fall 2020. Must be working towards a Degree in Engineering (Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical), Science, Quality, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related discipline.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.