***Great opportunity for current seniors in college or recent college graduates. If you are not a current college senior, or a recent college graduate, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!***Job Description:The Software Engineering Center is seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable Software Engineer. The selected candidate will be responsible for analyzing complex requirements, developing large scale software (board support package, libraries and applications), performing unit level and integration testing using state of the art tools for embedded applications. The candidate must understand complex software architecture in order to analyze and fix defects reported during software development phases and at customer site and have the ability to understand and employ Raytheon software development process during each phase of the software development cycle.We have been recognized across industry with accolades such as:
• One of the top ten “Best Companies for Women to Work” by IEEE Women in Engineering magazine
• Among the “Best Places to Launch a Career” by Business Week magazine
• A “Top 50 Employer” by readers of Workforce Diversity for Engineering and IT Professionals
Check out our Raytheon overview on YouTube:
- Software Development experience (i.e. internship, coop, or other work or academic project experience)
- Experience with C, C++, or JAVA
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Required Education (including major):
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Competence in embedded software debugging and analysis tools (e.g. JTAG, GDB, etc.)
- Good understanding of different microprocessor architectures (e.g. PPC, x86, etc.)
- Understanding of agile software methodologies is a plus
- Some background or course work in cyber security or cryptography
- Experience in customer interface and customer presentation skills
- Good communication (oral and written) skills
- SAP/SAR Clearances
- Must have a BS / BA with a Major in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or other related field by Summer 2020 or have graduated 18 months prior to start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.