Raytheon has a job for an experienced INCIDENT RESPONSE MANAGER to join an exciting new opportunity in ARLINGTON, VA.
The Incident Response Lead will assist Federal leads with incident management functions when deployed at an onsite engagement, assist in coordinating with private sector partners, law enforcement, and internal entities to conduct daily operations. The Incident Response manager will be responsible for managing reported incidents by providing a single point of service for incident customer organizations throughout the incident life cycle of a high priority incident. The Incident Response manager will work with other components within the organization to obtain and coordinate information pertaining to ongoing incidents. The Incident Response manager will assist in conducting peer reviews and providing quality assurance reviews for junior personnel and will support the mentoring of junior incident managers and provide guidance to others on incident management prioritization, triage and report writing in support of onsite engagements. The Incident Response manager will be responsible for teams that research and compile known resolution steps or workarounds to enable mitigation of potential Computer Network Defense incidents within the enterprise. The Incident Response manager will apply knowledge of the tactics, techniques, and procedures of various criminal, insider, hacktivist, and nation state threat actors to identify and validate threats and will apply cybersecurity concepts to the detection and defense of intrusions into small, and large-scale IT networks. The Incident Response manager will conduct cursory analysis of log data and recommend defense in depth principles and practices (i.e. Defense in Multiple Places, layered defenses, security robustness, etc.) and will perform Computer Network Defense incident triage to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact; identify the specific vulnerability and make recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Incident Management, Operations Management, Cybersecurity, or related discipline, and with 8+ years of incident management or cybersecurity operations experience, OR 10+ years incident management experience or cybersecurity experience with a High school diploma
* Experience managing 24x7 operations and shifts.
* Experience monitoring external data sources (e.g., Computer Network Defense vendor sites, Computer Emergency Response Teams [CERTs], SANS, Security Focus) to maintain currency of Computer Network Defense threat condition and determine which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise.
* Knowledge of incident response and handling methodologies
* Able to prioritize and triage incidents
* Knowledge of general attack stages (e.g., foot printing and scanning, enumeration, gaining access, escalation of privileges, maintaining access, network exploitation, covering tracks, etc.)
* Skill in recognizing and categorizing types of vulnerabilities and associated attacks
* Knowledge of basic system administration and operating system hardening techniques
* Knowledge of Computer Network Defense policies, procedures, and regulations
* Knowledge of different operational threat environments (e.g., first generation [script kiddies], second generation [non nation-state sponsored], and third generation [nation-state sponsored])
* Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities (e.g., buffer overflow, mobile code, cross-site scripting, PL/SQL and injections, race conditions, covert channel, replay, return-oriented attacks, and malicious code)
* Able to identify the cause of an incident and recognizing the key elements to ask external entities when learning the background and potential infection vector of an incident
* Able to receive and analyze network alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of such alerts
* Able to track and document Computer Network Defense (CND) incidents from initial detection through final resolution
* Should have familiarity with NIST 800-61 (latest revision), and FISMA standards as they pertain to reporting incidents
* Excellent customer service skills
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE & CERTIFICATIONS:
* Knowledge of the DHS NCCIC National Cyber Incident Scoring System
* Technical Certifications: Certified Intrusion Analyst, Certified Forensic Analyst, Network Forensic Analyst, Reverse Engineering Malware through GIAC or industry equivalent.
CLEARANCE: An existing TS SCI Clearance is required, existing DHS Suitability is desired.
This position may be contingent on contract award and also requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.