KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that’s only the beginning.
Calibration Technician Responsibilities:
- Calibrate and certify Test, Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology utilizing certified laboratory standards and manufacture, commercial, or military specifications/calibration procedures.
- Calibration of various types of test equipment, to include general purpose electronics, temperature, physical and dimensional equipment to include torque, pressure/vacuum, force, mass, and length.
- Select, apply, interpret and adapt electronic principles/practices related to specialty measurement areas of electrical standards, waveform analysis, microwave, and physical/dimensional knowledge areas.
- Troubleshoot/repair complex TMDE and integrated electronic systems utilizing theories of operation, block diagrams, schematics, logic trees and software diagnostics.
- Accurately records/reports maintenance actions using applicable maintenance data collection systems, guidance and policies.
- Prepare test/certification reports for customer use, providing information on assigned values, corrections and uncertainties over a specified range of circumstances for TMDE certified.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- Associate’s degree or applicable technical training and certifications and 2 year of directly related experience.equivalent experience .in lieu of degree
- Military PMEL/TMDE/Metrology training preferred.
- Experience with Fluke MET/TEAM and Fluke MetCal software a plus.
- Preferred candidates will demonstrate technical competency with general purpose electronics, physical and dimensional equipment to include torque, pressure/vacuum, force, mass, and length. RF and Microwave experience is not necessary for this position.
- Knowledge and practical application of standard processes to ensure the maintenance of an accredited Quality System ISO9001, Z-540.1, AS9100, ISO17025, and NIST traceable certificates of compliance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Primary Location: US-US-FL-Clearwater
Req ID: 1084524