Requisition ID 145646BR
Date updated August 8, 2019
CD67 Principal Electrical Engr: Digital Design Engineer
One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place…..
Raytheon offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth.
We are seeking a Digital Design Engineer to join the Receiver Exciter Signal Processing team within the Electrical Design Directorate (EDD) at Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). The Digital Design Engineer will be a member of the elite MultiFunction RF System (MFRFS) team in McKinney, TX.
The Digital Design Engineer provides digital design and architecture support to the MFRFS Product Line. The digital design support encompasses the design, development, evaluation, and test of digital circuit card assemblies, subsystems and associated system level support.
The Digital Design Engineer is responsible for developing unit and module level requirements derived from system level requirements, developing associated architectures, implementing design, performing analysis and testing of the FPGA, module, and/or unit in a laboratory setting. The Digital Design Engineer will be familiar with latest technology trends in the area of microprocessor, memory, FPGA and interface protocols.
The Digital Design Engineer works as a member of a cross-functional project team with system, mechanical, and software engineers. The Digital Design Engineer must be experienced in all aspects of circuit card design from concept through delivery to higher level assemblies as evidenced by multiple successful design completions (including hardware designs with processors, FPGAs, memory, and industry standard interfaces).
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance within 1 year of start date. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance within 1 year of start date. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.Required Education:
- A minimum of 8 years applicable experience in digital circuit design and analysis
- Understanding of board level design and ability to debug board level hardware
- Mentor xDX Designer to create schematics that contain microprocessor, FPGAs, high-speed transceivers, DDR and flash memories, block diagrams, parts lists and design review packages for complex electronics
- Generate Printed Wiring Board (PWB) layout constraint guidelines, oversee the layout and fabrication of the design
- Developing design requirements and specifications for circuit card assemblies with embedded processors
- Interfaces and bus standards such as: VME, PCI, PCIe, VPX, and Gb Ethernet
- Possess skills to handle fast pace and dynamic product development environment
- Writing test procedures, conducting tests, and be proficient operating lab test equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
- Proven ability to take a design concept from the block diagram or requirements level and develop a complete hardware design, and verifying via test and integration
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent STEM Bachelor’s degree
- PWB Signal Integrity Analysis
- 5+ years’ experience in Task Management or other Lead role on Large Development jobs.
- Experience as an IPT or CPT Lead
- Experience as a Hardware Architect
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Certified and professional exposure to EVMS or similar budget tracking system
- Analog & FPGA circuit card design experience
- Effective communication skills, both oral and writing as well as thorough knowledge of all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Active secret security clearance
KEYWORDS: digital circuit design, analysis, mentor xdx designer, microprocessors, analog, fpga, printed wiring board, pwb, signal, transceivers, ddr, flash memories, block diagrams, writing test procedures, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more. What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.