General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking Enterprise Network Architect in the Springfield, Virginia area.
The Enterprise Architect provides high-level architectural expertise to managers and technical staff, develops architectural products and deliverables for the enterprise and operational business lines, and advises on selection of technological purchases with regards to processing, data storage, data access, and applications development.
This position requires expert technical background in the IT networking industry, in particular, aspects like configuration, implementation and troubleshooting of large complex DoD enterprise networks. The role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge of the DISN IP networks. The candidate must have proven experience working on projects through the entire project lifecycle, while maintaining high customer satisfaction. Candidate must be able to develop design plans based off of network requirements. Candidate will be working with a team of engineers to sustain, configure, document, and deploy an enterprise network for a DoD agency in alignment with DoD’s migration to JIE (JRSS, MPLS, ICAN, Cloud).
Primary duties include:
· Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience.
· Experience developing and interpreting detailed installation instructions and supporting documentation to effect network design deployments.
· Proven capability to lead engineering teams on complex deployments.
· Excellent ability to provide clear and concise oral and written communication; capability to interface at multiple levels and successfully present technical information
· Extensive experience with enterprise network design and sustainment, to include routing, switching, data center, and cloud technology areas.
· Experience working within the parameters detailed via DISA STIGs.
· Capacity to track, guide, and mentor multiple teams simultaneously.
· Strict attention to detail; Adherence to rigid guidelines and processes; Ability to validate, update and maintain accurate records.
· Ability to work in a virtual team environment as well as independently.
· Cisco router/switch configuration and troubleshooting.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Required Certifications and Clearance:
· DoD 8570 IAT III Compliant Certification: (CompTIA CASP, CISSP, etc).
· Cisco CCIE certification required in Routing/Switching, Data Center, or Service Provider areas.
· Current DOD Top Secret clearance / Adjudicated SSBI
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience.
· Check Point CCSA or CCSE R80 certification preferred