Systems Engineer Senior - Radar SME
Job ID: 496074BR
Date posted: Aug. 12, 2019
Description:Make a lasting impact! Be part of a team that brings together leading missile defense industry experts to help guide the future of the Missile Defense Agency’s (MDA’s) ballistic and hypersonic Missile Defense System (MDS). National Team-Engineering (NT-E) is MDA’s one-stop shop for systems engineering reach-back into the major companies that build the essential elements of the MDS. Systems engineers on the National Team are helping to drive the future systems that will protect the United States, its friends and allies for generations to come.
The national team has an immediate need for a senior systems engineer with radar subject matter expertise (SME) to perform the following tasks:
• Perform System level engineering and analysis of radar performance within the BMDS, including mathematical-based modeling and simulation in support of the Missile Defense Agency’s mission area.
• Operate in a team environment to develop performance concepts and requirements functionality and performance against evolving threats and countermeasures.
• Coordinate within MDA and across industry to evaluate and bring leading edge techniques and radar capabilities including tracking, conventional and advanced discrimination techniques into the BMDS system for consideration.
• Lead modeling and simulation tasks that support end-to-end performance analysis of the BMDS.
• Develop BMDS M&S tools to support system analysis tasks.
• May lead focused teams or work as an independent individual contributor.
• Develop and capture concepts in technical papers, presentations, and discussions.
The successful candidate is required to have the following qualifications:
• Technical background in radars
• Demonstrated numerical modeling and simulation capability using a high level programming language (e.g. MATLAB, Python, FORTRAN) or experience analyzing output.
• Must have an interim or final SECRET clearance
Bachelors degree in engineering, or related technical degree, with 14 years or more of professional experience; or 12 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered an expert, authority in discipline.
National Team employees may have the opportunity to work on a variety of specialized projects based on their backgrounds. The following skills are desirable, but not required to be considered a strong candidate for this position. If you have experience in one or more of the topics listed below, please note it on your resume:
• Demonstrated experience modeling or simulating missile defense applications or similar domains (air combat, air defense, intercept of ballistic targets, intercept of non-ballistic targets, space vehicles, sub-orbital mechanics, etc.).
• Knowledge of ballistic and advanced threat systems (e.g., aero-maneuvering, hypersonic, hyper-glide, countermeasures, etc.)
• Modeling and analysis experience in aspects of the Ballistic missile defense system (e.g., LRDR, AN/TPY-2, SBX, UEWR, Aegis Weapons Systems, Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Fire Control, C2BMC, THAAD, etc.)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Models and Simulations
Clearance Level: Secret
Type: Task Order/IDIQ
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2