F-35 Mission Planning Environment SME / System Administrator Staff
Job ID: 495605BR
Date posted: Aug. 12, 2019
City: Hill AFB
Program: F-35 Logistics Operations and Sustainment
Description:Joining the Lockheed Martin ALIS team immediately opens a world of educational and experiential development opportunities for you. Tuition Assistance is available for undergraduate and graduate degree programs as wells as professional and technical certifications to help you gain the specialized skills for personal and professional growth.
Professionally, ALIS IT Service administrators develop skills of our many domestic US or expanding number of International locations. For the adventurous, temporary travel opportunities allow you to provide support at other locations and aboard ships deploying with the system. With experience, leadership opportunities become available as squadron leads, technical experts, and functional personnel leaders.
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values you, your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
This role is for an ALIS Administrator Staff - Mission Planning Environment SME for Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) support at Eielson Air Force Base.
This individual will be the Mission Planning Environment Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) for the United States Air Force and Foreign partners.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serves as Subject Matter Expert on critical F-35 mission software data
• Using source data, programs sensors and weapons profiles and translates mission requirements into effective electronic mission plans
• Builds end-to-end standardized mission plans
• Performs OMS technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, supportability and effectiveness analysis for mission planning and air vehicle systems
• Provides OMS technical guidance in support of the software operations for the Mission Planning, Theater Data Generation, Tactical/Intel Debrief, Air Vehicle Authentication & Crypto, Key Management, and Air Vehicle Secure Interface capabilities of the system
• Creates/reviews training materials for the Pilot Training Centers throughout the enterprise
• Leads and coordinates activities of junior OMS Admins and OMS SMEs in the enterprise
• Perform tasks to support the Off-board Mission Support Environment (OMSE)
• Ensure mobile rack system & peripherals standup/teardown
• Develop, assess, and provide training to OMS System Administration team and users as needed
• Develop processes/procedures, performs metrics collection and analysis
This is an operational support role to an active fighter unit, so the selected candidate may be required to work at deployed CONUS/OCONUS locations, support rotating shifts, and work over 40 hours per week—which may include weekends—as dictated by mission requirements.
Candidates must hold an active DoD Secret clearance with a background investigation closure date within the last 6 years and be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
The successful candidate will:
• Have, or be able to obtain, and retain DoD IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+, CySA+, CCNA Security, etc.)
• Have Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) Mission planning and Fighter Tactics, Operations, experience (e.g. Mission planning, post flight debriefing, etc.)
• Have experience with radar, electronic warfare, electro-optical targeting, and fire control systems
• Experience with precision weapons, PGMPS and Link 16/Datalinks
• Have COMSEC handling experience
• Have prior formal or informal team leadership experience
• Be willing to work varied shifts and flexible schedules to meet customer mission requirements
• Be willing and able to travel for military deployments/detachments for extended periods dependent upon operational needs
In addition to the basic requirements above, the successful candidate may have one or more of the following:
• Windows (administrator and general use experience)
• Network experience (e.g. domain controller and simple network configurations)
• Backups of Physical servers (Windows 2003 OS), virtual machines, and ESX server
• Account Maintenance (Account creation/management with Active Directory)
• Mission Planning Systems Support Representatives (SSR)
• Personal Computer Debrief Software (PCDS)
• Military Flight Operations & Planning Processes
• Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 Mission Systems hardware and software
• Ability to integrate AOC products (ATO, ACO, SPINS, COMM, EOB, etc.) into F-35 Mission Data
• Systems & Software Engineering background and experience
• Mission Planning Systems Support Representatives (SSR)
• Experience with Air Force Mission Planning Support System (AFMSS)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for Pilots, Senior Officers, and management
• Proficiency in MS Office applications
• Certified in Security+
• Demonstrated Skills & Knowledge Set / Tools & Applications:
o Windows 7 (administrator and general use experience)
o Network experience - simple network configurations helpful
o Disaster recovery/restores
o System Maintenance - scheduled upgrades/maintenance, startup and shutdown of rack components
o Software Maintenance applying OS updates, antivirus/antispyware updates, and patch updates
o User Account Maintenance (Account creation/management with Active Directory)
o Ability to integrate delivered intelligence and mission data files (MDF) into enterprise-wide mission profiles.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: Secret with an investigation within 6 years
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid)